Trust

Options
Just recently ive read a lot about calorie counting not working or a calorie is not equal to another , thus has led me to diet hop and then binge ! I just need to believe and stick with calorie counting now , can anyone give me some sucess stories ? Can't quite trust that calorie counting will work ! Im 4ft 11 so sticking to 1200 calories daily x

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just look in the Success Stories section of the forums.

I'm actually switching to recomp after a little over 138 lbs lost (98 lbs with MFP, 40 lbs on my own prior to that). I find that tracking with MFP makes these easier for me since I don't have to be as restrictive with what I eat. I try to eat reasonable amounts of foods I enjoy while staying within my calorie goals. Since I've been tracking with MFP, my total intake typically averages out in the 1800-2000 range to lose weight (I'm currently looking at a 2100-2300 calorie range to maintain). I do recommend a food scale and weighing all solid foods for accuracy (even single serve stuff can weigh more than a serving size is supposed to weigh which equals more calories). I love that I haven't had to cut anything out and by logging my food, I make better choices in what I eat. I can see what effects my satiety positively and negatively. This allows me to plan my favorite foods in so that I don't binge on them later.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm down 24lbs counting calories. No gimmicks, no meal replacement shakes. Just eating food I love under my calorie goal. I'm at 1300 currently
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i've lost almost all of my extra weight simply by eating a calorie deficit. so yes it works.
  • evildeadedd
    evildeadedd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Calorie restriction is literally the only way you can lose weight. All the fancy magic bullet diets are just calorie restriction at their core. As long as you accurately track your calories(meaning weigh all solids and find accurate database entries) you will lose weight. A bit of advice with pure calorie restriction make sure you have set MFP to a realistic loss per week goal. If you have less than 75 pounds to lose 2 pounds a week is not a realistic goal. Setting that goal will lead to burnout, binging, and rebound weight gain in 9 out of 10 people. If you feel weak and hangry then you should consider upping calorie intake. You shouldn't be miserable while trying to lose weight, this is not a punishment. Learn your body and what works for you, you are doing this to be healthier for the rest of your life, not to be skinny for a few months to turn around and rebound.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    My wife and I dropped a combined 105 pounds in 8 months by counting calories, and we're old!