Activity level

Options
charelaine
charelaine Posts: 712 Member
If you are just starting but walk 10000 steps a day at a minimum, what should you put for your activity status? I had mine as sedentary but I think it needs to change now that I'm at least walking daily.

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Leave it at sedentary and monitor your weight loss for a month. If you are losing an average of more than you set (ie: 1 lb/wk), then set your activity level to "slightly active", monitor again and see what happens. If you are losing an average of what you set, then sedentary is just right.
    All the numbers are just averages. You have to see what works for your body.
    Sounds like you're off to a good start on your new lifestyle. 10000 steps a day is great.
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I was confused because the first day it said "If every day was like today in five weeks you would weigh...", but every day the number goes up. I don't understand. I walk more and stay under my calories.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Ignore that "if every day" notice. It means nothing because you won't eat *exactly* the same amounts of the same things every single day. Diet varies each day, so this "if every day" message will be different every day.
    Keep on track with what you're doing and weight loss will happen. If it's at a reasonable rate, it'll stick and you'll stick with the regime.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good advice so far that I'll echo. Keep it where it is and monitor results. Check and adjust accordingly as you see results.