making juice with fresh veggies

Options
dlpnrn2b
dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
I just can not seem to get mine to taste enjoyable :( I am getting it down but I'd like it to taste like v-8 or close to it w/o adding all the sodium. Any suggestions?

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Apples really help with flavor. When I make mine, I use kale, spinach, carrots, apples, pineapple and blueberries...it's delicious!
  • MsMeganEliz
    Options
    Adding an apple really helps with the sweetness. So do carrots.
    I don't recommend juicing celery, its supposed to be really good for you but it makes juice taste wretched.
    Also, try jointhereboot.com for some great juice recipes!
  • MsMeganEliz
    Options
    OH, also avoid mixing too many fruits and veggies together, apples being the exception, because they cause horrible gas. You'll be better off doing a veggie juice and then a fruit juice.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    add a little sauerkraut to the mix. watch the sodium though, but you'll only need a small amount of it
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the replys.. I would have never thought an apple as I never mix fruit with veggies. I usually use carrots,beets and boiled cabbage.. I tried adding some apple cider vinager but that made it more tart. I will try the apple next time! Oh and thx for the website on juicing.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    This is not a V8 like juice but my all-time favorite is carrot/apple/parsley.
  • MsMeganEliz
    Options
    thanks for all the replys.. I would have never thought an apple as I never mix fruit with veggies. I usually use carrots,beets and boiled cabbage.. I tried adding some apple cider vinager but that made it more tart. I will try the apple next time! Oh and thx for the website on juicing.

You're very welcome! I was actually doing a juice fast, or attempting to, and that site was a great help.