Dukan Diet??? ever hear of it

Options
has anyone ever heard of / doing the dukan deit. my co-worker told me about it and has lost about 20 lbs in a 6 1/2 weeks while on it. i kno the basic about it: i know it's high protien little to no carbs and u have to drink tons of water:drinker: . i was planing on joining her on the diet. any thoughts or suggestion about this diet???

Replies

• bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    It's another high protein diet. I saw an interview with Dr Dukan yesterday (he's french and I'm living in France) and when they told him about people gaining all the weight back, he said that it's because they haven't commited to eating that way for at least one year after they have achieved their goal.

I wouldn't personally try it because I believe I need to learn about portion control and not about denying myself certain foods. But if you do, I guess you have to be prepared to make a long term commitment, and denying yourself lots of stuff.

Good luck!
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i was just reading about that in prevention magazine and from that i guess not a good idea. just do it the old fashion way excercise and good eating habbits.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am of the opinion that whatever you do, it should be something that you can make into a lifestyle change for good, because once you lose the weight, it doesn't end there. You have to maintain it.
  • beyondvalue
    beyondvalue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    when you put it like that it does not sound like so much fun... a year of dening carbs (yikes!!!) idk that sound very hard
  • sallywag
    sallywag Posts: 26
    Options
    I tried it for a while. It is really restrictive and was difficult for me to maintain as it doesn't fit with my life style. Think non-fat Atkins. If you want to give it a go then go for it! Some people need really rigid rules and it works for them. Made me a little tired though.