I wanna feel more proud and happy with my body and i just cant
Anyone ?
Advice?
Thx:)

Replies

• Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes. But when I see new photos of myself that's when I really see the changes.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Yup. I see new me in pics, old me in the mirror. Dismosphia sucks but as long as you are aware of it it isn't too damaging!
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm still the old me. But a few years back when I had lost quite a few kilograms and I was sitting at 67kg (currently I'm 81.8kg) I was seeing myself as a fat person, still over the 90s, still out of shape. I was aiming at 60kg at the time but I never got close to it. And I kept hammering myself with how I looked... and I ended up failing miserably and gaining almost all of my initial weight. :|

I was just looking through my old pictures, like yesterday really, and I came across the summer of 67kg... And damn I looked amazing in those pictures! Especially compared to the before's and after's...

*sighs*
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I think it just takes time for your self image to catch up to reality. Remember when you gained all the weight and still thought you were thin? It works that way too. All those folks on the beach in swimsuits stretched beyond reason…still think they're rocking it! lol. Have a sense of humor about.. the scale..tape measure.. your clothes size and photos don't lie.. we only lie to ourselves. :)
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Phanton Fat.. I see the old me everyday and I've been on maintenance for over 2 years. Check out this article!!!!

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31489881/ns/health-womens_health/t/phantom-fat-can-linger-after-weight-loss/
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do. But for me it's more like a feeling of sadness that I allowed myself to be that overweight and unhealthy for so long.
  • kaitlinfurby13
    kaitlinfurby13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I actually see a me that never even existed. My high weight was 207. A lot of my friends and family are around the 300s, and I've always seen myself as around the same size as them. Even now that I'm in the 170s and losing I see myself as a 300 pound woman.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    when i was obese, i never saw myself. now that I'm almost at gw, its the only thing i see in the mirror. the brain is a dick.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »
    I lost close to 40lbs
    Sad that I still see the old me in the mirror
    I wanna feel more proud and happy with my body and i just cant
    Anyone ?
    Advice?
    Thx:)

Yes! I do. I have lost weight most definitely (25 lbs so far) but I still have fat on me. All I see in the mirror is a thin, fat person. I want to get to goal and then start working out with weights and tone up. Right now it's about eating better though and getting in cardio exercise on the treadmill.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Go buy some new, cute, short, adorable summer clothes you wouldn't be caught dead in at work.... it does lift the spirits & prancing around in cute summer clothes can really do the trick!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Pictures. Ive lost 30lbs and dont see it even though everyone else does. But i got to take my 30lb loss photo today and i see a difference from my 10lb difference. I wish i could in the mirror though.
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i remember old me but i only see new me
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Over 60 pounds gone, and I'm still the fat kid I remember, weird isn't it?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've lost 38 lb from starting at 272 in January. I still wear the same clothes, a bit looser, and have the same hair, a bit longer. My belly still laps over my belt, which is getting loose. My back fat still folds at the same place, but not so much. My wife says there's less of me than there used to be. Half a dozen people at my workplace have started trying to lose weight. I'm still me, but fat me is disappearing.
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well, I remember how I was, but I'm getting more used to the new me now. What's funny thought, is that I still feel I won't fit in some places or clothes... but that's gradually changing too. By the way, I've lost 110 pounds total (80 while on MFP), so, yeah, there is a difference.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    After 99 pounds lost (20ish to go) I can see the me I was before all this weight gain!! I started to follow the spiritual teachings of Eckhart Tolle recently because I grew so tired of all the pain and suffering in my life and knowing that losing weight was not a cure for this suffering as I still felt sad, angry, restless etc all the time! I have come to realize it's because of my mind, identifying with thoughts and not being present in the now!
  • amber76bailey
    amber76bailey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this daily. ... I still feel I look 283. It takes time for the brain to catch up.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Go buy some new, cute, short, adorable summer clothes you wouldn't be caught dead in at work.... it does lift the spirits & prancing around in cute summer clothes can really do the trick!

literally my plan for tomorrow!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried MFP in 2013 I lost 24 pounds and still saw the old me in the mirror and then quit and gained almost all of it back. I'm down 30 pounds since January and am determined not to repeat my last failure. I try to focus on the small differences I see in the mirror, I now have collar bones, my waist looks much smaller, I don't look pregnant any more...and finally people are commenting about how good I look. My BMI is 25 so I have a little ways to go, but I refuse to see a fat lady in the mirror any more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!