Has anyone had a full body wrap?

Options
I got a gift certificate for a body wrap from Wrap Me Now. Ive heard good things about how the wrap removes toxins from the skin creating a slimmer, tighter appearance. Anyone tried this?

Replies

• chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    I got a gift certificate for a body wrap from Wrap Me Now. Ive heard good things about how the wrap removes toxins from the skin creating a slimmer, tighter appearance. Anyone tried this?
  • stormysmom
    Options
    I have been wanting to try it.
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    i did 3 and it did make my skin tighter...for like 2 minutes! i was really dissapointed with it!!! since its a gift certificate might as well try it, but DONT waste ur own money on it!! totally not worth it!
  • kimmaboo
    Options
    i tried one like 6 years ago and it did remove a lot of waste and took some inches off but done look for a big difference the first time it is an all over inch loss so it could be a half inch from your buns and a quarter in your arms. it was a good experence and i would do one again. my only suggestion is to bulk up on the water so it can pull lots off of your body i was kinda dehydrated when i did mine. good luck and take a book
  • robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did it on my honeymoon...to removed toxin's (champaign, cocktails etc...) I felt like a mummy and couldn't wait to get out of it. I've never had such a horrible feeling before, I felt trapped and I'm not a person to feel that way. A lot of people like it and I still say go for it so you can decide for yourself, especially if it's free like mine was, but I will never do it again. All I felt afterward was thirsty and happy to be free, no change though in my appearance.
  • dragonladey
    Options
    I tried it after I had the baby a year ago thinking it would help witht he swelling and kinda bring everything back to where it was. But it didnt do anything but make me all wet. Its litle wrapping your self in wet Ace bandages with a nice smelling water. It did nothing and you have to do it every week and drink alot of water in order for it to do anything they said. There was alady that was there with me who said she comes in every week(at $60 a pop) and she loves it. But she also want a small woman so I didnt understand the point then? I wouldnt do it again oter than to just cleans toxins maybe. They have this thing called Liposage that is supposed to do wonders. Its like a massage for your fat to lossen it up.. Im going to try it and then Ill let you know!
  • dragonladey
    Options
    I tried it after I had the baby a year ago thinking it would help witht he swelling and kinda bring everything back to where it was. But it didnt do anything but make me all wet. Its litle wrapping your self in wet Ace bandages with a nice smelling water. It did nothing and you have to do it every week and drink alot of water in order for it to do anything they said. There was alady that was there with me who said she comes in every week(at $60 a pop) and she loves it. But she also want a small woman so I didnt understand the point then? I wouldnt do it again oter than to just cleans toxins maybe. They have this thing called Liposage that is supposed to do wonders. Its like a massage for your fat to lossen it up.. Im going to try it and then Ill let you know!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've never had a wrap to remove toxins but I have had them where you go through an exfoliation and then moisturize. It leaves my skin very soft and smooth. Think of it as a full body version of a facial. I find them really relaxing.
  • dragonladey
    Options
    Ohh that does sound good. I might try one like that but to lose inches.....doesnt work.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    oh gosh-- I'd forgotten-- yes, I did one years ago-- oh my-- I'm talking yeeearrrrs ago-- some seawood full body wrap or something-- I had a heluva headache the next day--
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have done them in the past with my weight loss and yes it helps if you drink a LOT of water to flush the toxins out and keep drinking water.................

I was already losing inches and this boosted it up more and more!!!

I don't know what type of body wraps the others that posted have had, but I always got the detox and tonification one at my local spa and they worked wonders for me.
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    Thanks Everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.