I need some motivation?

Options
It's not up to you to motivate me, it should be my job. I need some self discipline, but help would be appreciated as well. (:
It's hard not to eat bad foods during the weekend, especially when you don't know exactly what's in your food..
I feel like I failed all last week, and I don't want to fail again this week. Motivation is the key ingredient to getting healthy.

So thus, I ask you, what are your words of wisdom?

Replies

• wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I've no real words of wisdom, I just keep reminding myself of how I felt EVERY day when I was heavier. I look at some of the few items I bought back then and I remind myself of how I don't want to end up that size again.

I too find it hard not to eat crap at the weekend, hence I don't usually log my food on here over the weekend! Bold I know!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    No matter what don't give up! (even if you have to start again just keep on keepin' on) Your health is too important.
  • ritafay2011
    Options
    Don't give up!!!! Use portion control.....
  • sallywag
    sallywag Posts: 26
    Options
    I was at a wedding this weekend so I know what you mean about not being able to control what is in your food. For everyday meals I like to plan as much as I can what I will eat for the day so that I'm not tempted to go over. If its not on the plan and I still have cals to play with then I can eat it, if not I find it more difficult to justify eating it.
  • briarashley
    Options
    when im stuggling i dont look even one week in advance. i just focus on eating healthy for today and face tomorrow tomorrow. one day at a time works for me and today im choosing to eat healthy cos when i dont i feel sh*it physically. AND emotionally cos i beat myself up.
  • Sierraislegit
    Options
    Thank you everyone. <3

I figured that logging my food over the weekend is probably not a great thing to do. It's really discouraged me.. But it is a good thing to know that I need to really watch what I'm eating. I'm going to really focus this week, and I will take it one day at a time. I need tof ind that motivation inside of me and pull it out so I can put it to good use. Being healthy means a lot to me, and I'm just going to have to really work for it.

Thanks again!