First Responders

Options
We all know Law Enforcement can be taxing. Working the night shift can be the longest 12 hours of your life. Well...that or you never stop, going from call to call. It can make the nutritional aspect of fitness hard at times. When you get home at 4am that pizza/chips/candy is calling for you, hard! Preparation and consistency is key. Stay healthy, stay safe brothers.

Replies

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    BradW99 wrote: »
    We all know Law Enforcement can be taxing. Working the night shift can be the longest 12 hours of your life. Well...that or you never stop, going from call to call. It can make the nutritional aspect of fitness hard at times. When you get home at 4am that pizza/chips/candy is calling for you, hard! Preparation and consistency is key. Stay healthy, stay safe brothers.

As the mother and mother-in-law of two law enforcement officers in Las Vegas, I wholeheartedly second this emotion (and add; stay healthy, stay safe sisters as well! ;) )
  • BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Haha very true, brothers and sister!
  • justinthetree
    justinthetree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK paramedic I know what you're saying! There is nothing I want to do more that just binge after a late shift.
  • maui_luau
    maui_luau Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose the baby weight to fit back into the uniform. 10 months to go before I'm back on the road. If any first responders want to add me we can keep each other motivated
  • dbmeyers23
    dbmeyers23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Firefighter/paramedic here. yeah, stress, lack of sleep and crazy schedule can wreak havoc on our lifestyle!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you for your service- much appreciated!