Tall Ladies?

Are there any tall women out there? I am 5'11! I have only lost 5 pounds so far and I feel like I can't see a difference because of my height!

Replies

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    5-10...a lot depends on where your fat congregates. I have very long legs but a very short torso, so the fat that lives in my abdominal area shows up quickly because there's not a lot of room. Five pounds is a great start; YOU may not see the results because you see yourself every day, but go by how your clothes fit. Don't even weight yourself very often.
  • brendamadden_847
    brendamadden_847 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi, I'm 5foot 8 inches..not as tall as you..l lost 12 lbs right away then i have been sitting at this weight for almost 2 weeks...
  • calyapi783
    calyapi783 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello. 5 11 ...i have been this tall since the age of 11. I hate those videos where the woman say"I lost 20 lbs and 3 dress sizes." For me a 20 lb loss means I don't have to jump up and down as much to get my jeans on.
  • ehilker95
    ehilker95 Posts: 6 Member
    calyapi783: Yes! You understand my struggle lol
  • TamaraBrown86
    TamaraBrown86 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey! Yes, I'm 5'9 and know exactly what you mean. I don't know how much weight you're looking to lose, but since I had quite a bit to lose, I didn't start seeing a difference until about 30 lbs was off me. Even then, it was putting on things that didn't fit before. Congratulations on your accomplishment so far, every little bit counts!
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Hello. 5'11" here. I started at 280lbs and have lost 24lbs since December 28th and nobody had noticed. With my clothes on I don't look any different as I have played around with the same 2 stone (28lbs) for the last 10 years. My tummy has shrunk and the fat over my hips is receding so my clothes fit nicer. I still wear the same size clothes uk 20 although I was slipping my way into a size 22. It will take me another 20lbs at least before I drop a dress size. I don't honestly care if other people don't notice as I'm not sure how I will deal with the questions, but I am looking forward to seeing a change. I have noticed that my knees no longer crunch when I walk up the stairs and getting off the sofa isn't the struggle it once was. Slow and steady for me.
  • madk9123
    madk9123 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'9 and I lose 10 pounds I don't see much a difference either. I weight myself and take pictures at that weight. When u put them together you see the difference. Don't give up u can't see it now but u will if u keep going. The thing is is you see your body every single day so you're not going to know much difference kind of like when you see your best friend everyday or your mom everyday or whoever you don't realize how much they've changed because you see them so often so you don't notice the changes to you got a picture from a couple months ago or years ago you know what I'm saying since you see yourself everyday you don't see the difference is that are on your body
  • jmilner89
    jmilner89 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm 5 11 as well and I know exactly how you feel... my partner says he can see the difference but I don't... I do feel so much better though so that is enough to keep me motivated
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    5'10" lost 23.5# so far. I've dropped from a size 16 to a 14 and some 12's - I don't think I noticed it until 10# lost. It all depends on where you lose it, and what type of exercising you do to reconstruct your body. I've found yoga to be an incredible body reshaper, which is probably why I've dropped sizes. If I stay away from carbs and salt I can wear the 12's, lol.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Hi ladies, I'm 5'9" & know exactly what you mean. I had a lot to lose & started losing weight in the fall, but it wasn't until over 30lbs came off that people (including me) started to notice. I just hit -72 & now everyone can tell. Although I did just have someone at work that I don't see often say, "You look different - did you change your hair?" Lol!
  • nojuicejustjin_
    nojuicejustjin_ Posts: 238 Member
    5'8" here! I've lost 34 lbs to date. When I tell ppl I need to lose 30lbs more they freak out and tell me I would looks sick (I distribute my weight evenly) lol
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    I'm 187cm, i always say 6'3 because i'm only 1cm from it. When i previously used mfp from Nov2013/2014, i lost 40lbs and went down 2 jean sizes, 1 dress size, 2 jacket sizes and 2 cup sizes. Took me 6mths to lose those 40lbs and i didn't do any strength training to help tone my muscles and lose more fat. Hopefully, that will be incorporated this time.
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    i am 5`10 and it always shows in my face and waist. The moment I lose 5lbs it shows I am 195. Now up 3lbs since my pregnancy
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2016
    5'8" here! I've lost 34 lbs to date. When I tell ppl I need to lose 30lbs more they freak out and tell me I would looks sick (I distribute my weight evenly) lol

When i previously lost 40lbs, even though my bmi was at 24.9, a u.k size 14 & i weighed 87.1kg, my family said i looked like a walking stick with a massive head. Imagined if i had managed to lose the extra 4kg i was aiming for, i wonder what they would have said then.
  • sliminby60
    sliminby60 Posts: 52 Member
    i'm 5'11 when started january 13 weighed 266 i now weigh 229 just now starting to see a small change pants a little loose stomach still huge so still wear same size shirts still wear size 22
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm 5'10 and have lost 60 pounds and still have 60 more to go. I can tell I've lost some weight and other people can tell but haven't gone down very many sizes yet. I feel so much better though!
  • leviathas
    leviathas Posts: 37 Member
    I'm 6ft and lost 30lbs, I noticed at about 10 (barely) but really noticed at 20(and so did everyone else). Benefits to being tall is it works in your favor the other way. Barely notice a 5-10lb gain hahah