Soluble Fiber other than Benefiber?

Options
I am taking Benefiber to increase my fiber. However, it has been causing me such intestinal distress. Gas, and bloating and pain. Are there any soluble fiber supplements that aren't made with wheat dextrin? Would I be better off with a gummies or a capsule?

There was a supplement made with soluble corn fiber (it was called Fiber Smart) that worked great, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I appreciate any help!

Replies

• tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Bran oats , flaxseeds
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and most fruits and vegetables are god sources of soluble fiber. Or are you specifically looking for a supplement?
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    oats, flax, any green leaf veggie, plums, dry figs (my favorite) and dont forget water all the fiber in the world wont help you without adequate amount of water
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I take Citrucel. Zero intestinal distress and works like a charm.
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    More fruits and veggies in their natural states, if you want a dietary approach. If that isn't want you're looking for, try a fiber gummy. I know walgreen's do an okay one.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I can't take fiber supplements, causes me stomach issues.... So I take a probiotic colon support pill daily. Things stay on the move and I don't have any side effects like I did when I took the fiber...
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I take Glucomannan. Doesn't give me bloating and keeps me full.
  • mystgrl28
    mystgrl28 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Maybe try psyllium husk?
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. As well as what's been listed above.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    All of the above. Oatmeal, chia, fruit, glucomannan. All taken with plenty of water. Fiber will cause you to bloat if you suddenly increase it.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like flax fiber and acacia fiber. Both work well, and neither cause my stomach to become upset. I wouldn't reccomend psyllium. It tends to "clean house" rather violently, so to speak.
  • mystgrl28
    mystgrl28 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like flax fiber and acacia fiber. Both work well, and neither cause my stomach to become upset. I wouldn't reccomend psyllium. It tends to "clean house" rather violently, so to speak.

Hahaha! Maybe it works differently for different people but i'm taking psyllium and i havent had any violent episodes...yet, anyway. Lol! It's awesome in keeping appetite down.