Currently 300 + pounds - Have a lot to lose! Looking for support

Options
stephaniejenson
stephaniejenson Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone

I'm new to MFP and very new to trying healthy eating. I'm looking for some people in the same position as me or similar with a lot of weight to lose. I will try my best to provide positivity and help to anyone else who needs it! I'm very much a newbie so I need any help i can get!

Thanks in advance for any replies or friend requests - My first impressions of this community are so far extremely good! :)

Best of luck to everyone on MFP regardless of situation!

Replies

• fairylady1962
    fairylady1962 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I started back in September last year with over 10 stones to lose. I still have 7 to go so I am in a similar situation as you. You can do it and MFP is great for keeping you on track and loads of friendly helpful support too. Feel free to add me if you wish.
    Good luck, you can do it. :)
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello, I also have over 100 pounds to lose. I have lost 30pounds so far. I am glad to add you.
  • stephaniejenson
    stephaniejenson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations both on your weight loss! I will add you both, hopefully we can support each other
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started on here May 31,2015 with an intent to lose 100lbs. I was at 261lbs. Facing a 2nd back surgery and very depressed. Today I have been with MFP for 330days and have lost 60lbs. I have had ups and downs and have found a great group of friends that keep me going. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MadPanda75
    MadPanda75 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in the same boat! I weigh 300+ pounds and just got back on the MFP wagon! Hang in there!
  • paulahlattimer
    paulahlattimer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new here.. Before the breakup, I was already about 295. But just since the breakup in February, I'm now up to 325. I didn't realize just how bad I looked until my daughters wedding yesterday, and I saw a picture of myself. Looking for support friends to help me stay motivated..
  • paulahlattimer
    paulahlattimer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • mbouchard1234
    mbouchard1234 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was almost 330 pounds when I first started, now happily just under 300 and back at it going strong. Feel free to add me. It's an everyday battle but we can do it!
  • emily101088
    emily101088 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have about 30 lbs I'm looking to lose :)
  • Beastie1982
    Beastie1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is serious about supporting others feel free to add me. Support works in both ways. Lost 100+ lbs. Still want to lose 40-60lbs.
  • amber_highlyfavored
    amber_highlyfavored Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me as well... feel free to add me everyone!
  • tanaiababy
    tanaiababy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have over 100lbs to lose as well, I started at the beginning of April. I finally just decided enough is enough. I'm to tired and to lazy to carry all this weight around.
    It's been rough, I suffer from depression, the Dr just upped my meds because it wasn't doing anything, me and my bf broke up, I moved cities for a job that didn't work out, so I'm job hunting, hoping something comes quick. With everything that's going wrong, I'm desperately trying to stick to this healthy eating and exercise. It's hard, but I feel more determined than I ever have before to get this weight off. I just hope I don't give up. Anywho, you can add me if u like.
  • bazzadigz
    bazzadigz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i was 24stone and got down to 16st. Anything i can do feel free to ask
  • katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too. I'm in New Zealand and I have a lot to lose also. I typically do well for a week, then fall off the wagon, so some support to give and take would be great!
  • siestasparkle
    siestasparkle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was 320 down 224 have kept all but 21 off for 6 years. YOU CAN DO IT!!! I am getting serious again and hope to reach my goal in 2016!
  • kbremer1979
    kbremer1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    308lbs! Holy moly when did that happen? I've used mfp before and done great now I need to get back at it. I would love to get some new friends so we can all do this together. Please send me friend requests
  • kristylovesyou14
    kristylovesyou14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A year ago I was 353 and started losing weight but life happend and I gained some of the weight back I've been losing weight for about 2 months now and am finally under the 300 mark I have got a ways to go but the struggle is hard on a day to day basis add me if you would like
  • Koacyw
    Koacyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and have 222 pounds to lose! Feel free to add me so we can support each other!
  • gingerygal
    gingerygal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for more motivation :)
  • mirandag57
    mirandag57 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have lost 103lb feel free to add me as well :smiley: