Let's discuss different types of workouts

Options
I have recently signed up for a gym and have started trying out different kinds of workouts. I like Zumba, I have done insanity before, but I really hate running. What's works for you? Let me know! And add me for more motivation and fun discussions.

Replies

• Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    For cardio I like dancing type workouts. I also like to cycle outdoors. I do like HIIT workouts there are several on Youtube. I also like Bootcamp type workouts.
  • ComBrokerCEO
    ComBrokerCEO Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy but I have found no difference between the benefits of weight training among men and women. I believe EVERYONE should be doing some form of consistent weight training. Women tend to want to either never do it or do very little. Too bad because a women who loses body fat and just tones up looks FANTASTIC (as opposed to those who lift only without the fat loss). But heck the same goes for a guy, (but a guys physiology tolerates far more weight training....)
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I agree, running isn't my thing. I've tired countless times to start doing running/jogging in the summer and last no more than a couple weeks. But i enjoy doing sports, i like racquetball/tennis, swimming. Doing bike rides and hiking/walking.

In terms of actual workouts though, i mainly do Jillian's workout videos. I do her aerobic 45 minute workout and i just enjoy it. I feel i get a better workout doing an aerobic workout then the HIIT workouts. But maybe that's just me. And i agree with "brokeractive1" to do some strength training. It always feels good to see yourself getting stronger.
  • KatieBinsbacher911
    KatieBinsbacher911 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I love feedback and heading different people's experiences! It helps a lot!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I hate to run with a passion. I weight train 5x/week and love it (I also do cardio for 20 minutes 5x/week). Weight training has made a huge difference in my body composition.
  • KatieBinsbacher911
    KatieBinsbacher911 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have actually just been introduced to weight training and am surprised by how much I enjoy it!