Listening to the set calories that MFP suggests?

Options
Hey guys!

I am about 40 lbs down and 7 months in. Question that I have yet to figure out!

So I have been slowly losing on 1300 calories per day. Probably .3 per week. So I cut myself to 1200 for about 3 weeks and have stopped losing and have gained .7 back.

I have hypothyroidism to boot.
My exercise is the same. I just tried to tighten up the cals.

Now for someone who set themselves as not active and wanting to lose half a pound per week it wants me to have 1600 calories per day.

I am a veterinary technician and do not sit down except to sleep. I am more active than I listed but figure that would work in my favor.

Now, should I actually be eating what MFP recommends or continue at my altered amount? I have about 30 lbs left to go.

I have found that I am very hungry on 1200 and tend to get frustrated and over eat at times.

Thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It looks like you aren't weighing your food. Even with prepackaged items, they can be more than what they say. I also see some inaccurate entries used (113 grams of salmon for 100 calories...the macros for the entry add up to 184 calories). Purchasing a food scale and logging everything accurately will go a long way in making sure you lose.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    7 months is around 30 weeks (if my math is correct). If you lost 40 lbs in 30 weeks, you are losing an average of 1.3 lbs per week.

Why did you change from 1300?

• freespirit427
    freespirit427 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Because I wasn't losing or I had thought I needed to change up.
  • monicaw44
    monicaw44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    just stay at 1300, you are plateauing, change up your exercise. you'll start seeing results again eventually.
  • freespirit427
    freespirit427 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mfo1488
    mfo1488 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Even with prepackaged items, they can be more than what they say.

The FDA allows a 15% margin of error I believe, so to be safe I assume that calories for any prepackaged item I consume are 120% of what the label discloses.