Breakfasts that are filling but healthy?

Options
I am looking to have low cal/carb/sodium meals.
I am kind of at a loss for breakfast ideas that are filling for hours without being hungry for some time but have a low level of cal,carb,sod.

Suggestions?

Replies

• JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well, my favorite is oatmeal and berries with a hard boiled egg on the side, fiber+protein keeps me full. But if you want low carb, the oatmeal isnt that. I would suggest eggs with fruit or veggies for fiber.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Try 3 egg whites + 1 whole egg with a tablespoon of grated cheese thrown in. Very filling and low carb.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A tub of quark, 20g of protein powder stirred in, 50g of strawberries (my preferred fruit).

Delicious, low cal (under 300cals) and filling. I don't think about food again until about lunch time.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Veggie omelet or any egg dish (scrambled, hard boiled, poached, crustless quiche in muffin tin) ; greek yogurt with fruit; cottage cheese either sweet or savoury; tuna or smoked salmon ...you can eat wrapped in lettuce, low carb wraps or stuffed in tomatoes or cucumber wells; smoothies with protein powder
  • eliptica24
    eliptica24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eggs and bacon. Don't be afraid of good solid food.

isn't bacon pretty unhealthy? we have turkey bacon and it tastes delightful but its still not super healthy from my understanding.
  • eliptica24
    Options
    Well, my favorite is oatmeal and berries with a hard boiled egg on the side, fiber+protein keeps me full. But if you want low carb, the oatmeal isnt that. I would suggest eggs with fruit or veggies for fiber.

not too worried about carbs, but the fruits, six strawberries and a banana almost went over my amount what fit says my sugars should be. however i do tend before this diet not having almost any sugars in my diet and im known for low blood sugar. you think i should disconcern myself with the sugar part and focus more on the cal and carbs? carbs isnt too bad overall
  • eliptica24
    Options
    QuietBloom wrote: »
    Try 3 egg whites + 1 whole egg with a tablespoon of grated cheese thrown in. Very filling and low carb.

we dont have block
    A tub of quark, 20g of protein powder stirred in, 50g of strawberries (my preferred fruit).

Delicious, low cal (under 300cals) and filling. I don't think about food again until about lunch time.

haha! what is quark?!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I like omelets quite a bit.
  • eliptica24
    Options
    maasha81 wrote: »
    Veggie omelet or any egg dish (scrambled, hard boiled, poached, crustless quiche in muffin tin) ; greek yogurt with fruit; cottage cheese either sweet or savoury; tuna or smoked salmon ...you can eat wrapped in lettuce, low carb wraps or stuffed in tomatoes or cucumber wells; smoothies with protein powder

i cant stand greek yogurt or cottage cheese. tuna in a can is okay if drained? is ensure a good suppliment for the protein powder? i dont injest much protein. fruits and vegies are def a go.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't do smoothies or the protein shakes because I know I can't stick with that the rest of my life to keep the weight down ;)

eggs (I eat egg whites only)
    scrambled eggs with onions and peppers sauteed on the side in EVOO or avocado oil
    turkey bacon
    toast (low cal bread)
    Canadian bacon
    tuna (packaged in water not oil)

My favorite breakfast is 2 scrambled eggwhites on a soft flour taco with 2-3 tbsp of salsa and a tbsp of mexican shredded cheese. Very filling and so good!
  • eliptica24
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I like omelets quite a bit.

me too so i think that will be what i may do
  • eliptica24
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I don't do smoothies or the protein shakes because I know I can't stick with that the rest of my life to keep the weight down ;)

eggs (I eat egg whites only)
    scrambled eggs with onions and peppers sauteed on the side in EVOO or avocado oil
    turkey bacon
    toast (low cal bread)
    Canadian bacon
    tuna (packaged in water not oil)

My favorite breakfast is 2 scrambled eggwhites on a soft flour taco with 2-3 tbsp of salsa and a tbsp of mexican shredded cheese. Very filling and so good!

your making me hungry again lol! i may do that for lunch since i had breakfast already. :) i love salsa on eggs.
    btw what is wrong with the yellow part of the eggs i dont know exactly.
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    Options
    eliptica24 wrote: »

not too worried about carbs, but the fruits, six strawberries and a banana almost went over my amount what fit says my sugars should be. however i do tend before this diet not having almost any sugars in my diet and im known for low blood sugar. you think i should disconcern myself with the sugar part and focus more on the cal and carbs? carbs isnt too bad overall

Unless you have been told by your doctor you have to limit sugar, I wouldnt worry about it, especially the sugars that occur naturally in fruit and milk. Yes the fruit has sugar but it is surrounded by fiber which slows its absorption into your bloodstream and prevents the sugar spike and crash later, giving a steady amount of glucose for energy instead. Same with the oatmeal, the fiber helps slow the absorption.
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    Options
    Most of the health warnings out there about sugar are referring to added sugars, not the naturally occurring sugars in fruit and dairy. Unfortunately MFP does not differentiate between the two.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Quinoa,almond or sunflower butter,and nibs..