VLC Alcoholic Beverages?

Options
Andeenero
Andeenero Posts: 22 Member
Is that an oxymoron?
Every time I enjoy an alcoholic beverage, I use up most of my daily calories.
Does anyone have any tips for low calorie booze?
Also, please don't answer with skinny-girl margarita or light beer. Those are super obvious!

Replies

• Viewparadise
    Options
    I know you said no lite beer mentions, but this is new... Miller Genuine Draft is doing a light lemonade that is 64 calories and I like it. Jose Cuervo also has a light ready made mix that is 180 cals for a cup. It's good, but I've had a hard time sticking to one serving..
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Vodka is about 60 cal. an ounce. I mix it with diet soda, Crystal Lite, etc
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Club Soda....Club Soda has zero calories
    One of my favorite summer drinks...blueberry vodka and crystal lite lemonade
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I had heard any alcohol that is clear, has low sugar and calorie. Mix that with diet soda or low calorie juice or crystal lite. :drinker:
  • allenlisa
    allenlisa Posts: 96
    Options
    Straight shots! Vodka I think is one of the lowest calories. :drinker:
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    Vodka is about 60 cal. an ounce. I mix it with diet soda, Crystal Lite, etc

I was going to suggest this. Once my friend made a really delicious cocktail using crystal light. I was pretty surprised.
  • EleanorRidley
    Options
    A wine spritzer - mix wine with seltzer water. Then you can have the same amount of wine, just in 2 glasses. Add some ice and it can go a little farther.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Even though you said not to say it, I try to drink the Budweiser 55. 55 cals a piece... can't really get better then that! I tend to stay away from the liquor now because of the soda with it, never tried it with diet but that just sounds horrible tasting.. lol
  • meowmx
    meowmx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bloody marys are typically lower in calories (they can have a lot of sodium though). I also enjoy vodka with diet ginger ale or white wine with a splash of fruit juice
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Stick with pale ale if you're going for beer, they generally have less calories than darker brews & they'll cost you between 120-160 calories each. If you enjoy hard alcohol mixed with sodas, skip the soda & add water (I like to drink vodka this way cuz it helps ward off the hangover) or seltzer.

Also, avoid anything slushy or with added flavors, unless you know EXACTLY what is going into it!!

A glass of wine will only cost you about 150 calories as well.

Lots of choices!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options

Dang, that sounds good! I could use a jug of that right about now!
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet tonic water or club soda.
    flavored vodka and crystal light is really good too.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Get a good workout before you have drinks.

I like straight vodka. Who am I kidding... I love vodka straight. But whenever I decide to have a few drinks I get a really good workout.
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options

That sounds so good!!! Also, I make my bloody mary with low sodium v8 :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    A wine spritzer - mix wine with seltzer water. Then you can have the same amount of wine, just in 2 glasses. Add some ice and it can go a little farther.

That's a really good idea.
  • Andeenero
    Andeenero Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! These are all great great great ideas!
  • keljo720
    keljo720 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I saw an ad in a health magazine for Zilch Mixers. You can do a search for them online. Margarita and dacquiri mixers that are zero calories and zero carbs. $10 packets are $5. Seriously thinking about ordering some!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    A WHOLE pub can of Guinness has 155 calories. And a lot of healthy dark-beer stuff in it that's good for you, too. Supposedly.

I usually have one or two and just thoroughly enjoy them. I'm sure you could figure out the calories for a proper pint, too. :heart:
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light lemonade and blueberry vodka is now my favorite tasty beverage! Good stuff!
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    If you are going out to drink- I have ordered a bottle of water and a shot of vodka in a tall glass with ice, (they look at me a little funny the first time) then use crystal light and add it myself. I have also done vodka water then added mio