In need of serious motivation...

Options
I've put on about a stone since last september. Going from 126lbs to 140lbs and I hate it so much, I need to get it back off again but I have no motivation. Where I work is right in between two fast food places so I find it so easy just to pop in and get a quick lunch. I then come home and feel so tired that I can't motivate myself to get up and work out. :(

In need of some help.

Replies

• emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've literally got that exact situation as well as identical start and goal weights!!!
    Ive lost 6.4kg in 2 weeks so far with this app and am so pleased :) You're welcome to check my food diaries for ideas.
    With regard to the lunch thing comit to making your lunch at home at taking it with you. Ive also found that eating less junk has improved my energy levels loads and seeing some weightloss has motivated me to work out in a weigh i never could before.
    You have to just 100% comitt yourself to get the results.

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You don't have to work out to lose weight and maybe trying to chg your eating habits and working out at the same time is just too overwhelming. Maybe you could just focus on eating? Either taking your lunch (I weigh all my foods and take them with me) or doing some homework and finding the best calorie options at the restaurants nearby and make bfast and dinner better to make up for eating lunch out. You are stronger than you think!
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    maybe try to walk a bit further during lunch to find a new place to get food. seems like that will kill two birds with one stone...youll get in more steps and find a better place to eat. hang in there!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    ajc1309 wrote: »
    I've put on about a stone since last september. Going from 126lbs to 140lbs and I hate it so much, I need to get it back off again but I have no motivation. Where I work is right in between two fast food places so I find it so easy just to pop in and get a quick lunch. I then come home and feel so tired that I can't motivate myself to get up and work out. :(

In need of some help.

Realize that those are excuses. Weightoss is about having a calorie deficit. That is all you need to have.
    The easyway to do that is to just eat the number of calories MFP tells you to lose .5 or 1 lb a week.
    You can exercise but you don't have to if you do 't want to.
    You can eat fast food and lose weight. It is easy to look up and log fast food. Make choices that fit your goals.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    People can (and have) offer many suggestions, but if you are not motivated, it's all for nothing. Motivation has to come from within. When you want it badly enough, you'll stop with the excuses and everything will fall into place.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Some great sayings to post on your refrigerator, or about your house...

Universal laws dictate when you give nothing you get nothing.

If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse.

Take pleasure in persevering. That is what separates those who keep pushing forward, from those who throw in the towel.

Once you work on what's eating you, you won't want to eat so much.

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's unbecoming everything that isn't you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

YOU can do this... Just breathe! :-)
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Try replacing motivation with habits. If your habit is to pack a lunch and not eat out, that'll help. If your habit is a walk, that'll help too. According to the meditation workshop I recently attended, so lots of people comit to something for that length of time (starting over if they skip a day.)

Also, I've found that I wind up eating out at work because I need to get out of the office, so I'd highly recommend going for a walk instead of going for food.

Good luck! This is hard stuff, but you've got it in you.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You think you're screwed? I work for a place that hands out free candy. Sometimes, I even take some. I stay within my calorie goals and lose weight.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no one can motivate you, other than yourself.

If it is important to you, you will do what you need to do. Otherwise, it is nothing but excuses.