Is there any cocktail that is diet approved?

Options
Hi! I am new to this site and to working out. I started a healthier lifestyle only a week ago, and I'm just wondering what cocktails would be consider "not so bad" to ruin someone's progress. So far, my diet has been doable and incorporating excersie 5 to 6 times a week has been fun... But I do miss having a cocktail with family and friends on the weekends or social gatherings...

Replies

• Megan7146
    Megan7146 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    At a lot of places you can ask for just half the syrup in a mojito. This makes it slightly less sweet but limits the calories in the syrup to just 40 calories! The rest- lime, mint, soda water- are all naturally low calorie :)
    Or of course a gin and tonic!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    whatever doesn't make you go over your calorie targets. booze is going to be the least calories...mixers are often calorie bombs unless you do diet mixers. wine isn't bad calorie wise and some beers are more reasonable than others...but yeah...whatever fits.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Beer because I make it fit come hell or high water!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a hard liquor mood, a rum and coke zero is good, or vodka tonic. Both a bit less than 100 cals if your bartender doesn't tend to overserve by much.

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I just drink what I like. You can make cocktails fit by drinking in moderation, switching to lower calorie mixers, or having a drink neat or on the rocks.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,141 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like, just make it fit into your calorie goal.

http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    alcohol can be high calorie, but it can be fit in. Just try to be moderate about it and like others have said some of the mixes can really ramp up the calories. There are drinks that can be a 1000 calorie hit when you take all the alcohol sweet mixes, juices, etc into account. (They are rare, but they are out there.) If it has an umbrella in it it is probably dangerous on the calorie scale.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Vodka with club soda and lots of lime or vanilla vodka and Diet Coke! Only 70 Cals each.
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    For me it's whiskey seltzer and lime.
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A Cosmopolitan or Martini would be decent I bet
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i make all drinks fit cause i love all drinks.
  • lindwalk
    lindwalk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vodka with diet tonic or any diet pop. Add a slice of lime. 1.5 oz = 110 calories.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Right now, and I mean RIGHT NOW, I'm having a vodka with water flavored with Raspberry Lemonade MIO. And it fits into my calorie allotment.
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have found vodka soda lime to be good. And at home I use coconut or peach-pear la Croix, but I actually think those taste cocktail-ish on thier own :-)
  • kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sleep Cocktail
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,102 Member
    Options
    Most spirits with diet soda ( or water, I guess) as the mixer are fairly low calorie. Even lower if you gave half spirit measure ( less alcohol that way too, obviously)
  • lily083087
    lily083087 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Avoid beer, it's high in carbs. Stick with light colored hard liquor. Clear ones usually have fewer calories. My go to is vodka and club soda with lemon. Limes are slightly more bitter which doesn't help mask the bitterness in vodka as well as lemon. Also some brands of flavored vodka don't have extra calories which makes it tastier. And la Croix makes an excellent mixer. If you need something sweeter, add a splash of cranberry or pineapple juice. Also dry white wines are fairly low calorie. Hope this helps!
  • lily083087
    lily083087 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Btw Titos is a slightly sweeter/more mellow tasting vodka. It's not as bitter as ketel one for example.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Gin tonic has low cal. Butg as long as you are working out and lose cal its not a problem to drink whatever you like from time to time
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Gin & slimline tonic, spirits with diet mixers, dry sparkling wine... If it's specifically a cocktail you're after then I'd second the recommendation of a mojito or a martini. Basically anything which isn't sticky and sweet.