What Motivates you ?

Options
What continues to motivate you on your journey?

Replies

• biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My goal: To look great in a Bikini and not see fat hanging out everywhere.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My glucose number has been my number one motivator throughout this whole process. It went from being high when I was overweight, to stabilizing in the 80s once I lost the extra weight and transitioned into maintenance. It's stayed there the past 3 years and I continue to use my blood work panels as my motivation to keep at it :)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My goal: To look great in a Bikini and not see fat hanging out everywhere.
    Definitely.

For all my old (3 years old) clothes to fit me again, including bikinis.

To remain only insulin resistant and not become diabetic.

That I can control my food and how I eat and it does not control me.

• llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My big motivator sometimes .....in the morning is the way I feel. At times, I will feel energize, sometimes, it is 10 minutes after I get out of bed in the morning, so I will take my walk at that time.
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    The gorgeous wardrobe I bought when I lost the weight before. I WILL wear it again!
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My motivation changes. At the moment, I am motivated by my progress and my husband's obvious appreciation. Next week, it could be something else.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Myself. It's the only thing that will ever truly motivate you. You need to do this for you.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Being able to do all the active things I love. Looking as good as I can. Getting dressed without thinking too much about it. I still don't dress particularly well but at least I feel comfortable in my clothes.
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    To keep up with my kiddo
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ^in terms of activity
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    To be able to do all the things I could before I got sick and had kids. Including feeling good about what I look like (getting there), rock climb, run, lift heavy stuff, etc. I never want to feel limited again.

I want my kids to see me kick some serious *kitten*. My daughter is fearless and she also wants to be just like me. I want her to see me as a role model.