Stomach sticks out abnormally(pic)

Options
Sabre1232
Sabre1232 Posts: 37 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I am not overweight but 5'8 and 163 lbs and female. My issue is every where is fine but my stomach it sticks our around 38 inches. I am not sure if this is fat or bloating but it isn't a fibroid(got it checked). Not sure what to do.

Replies

• Sabre1232
    Options
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I would seek medical advise, if it is bloating, I am sure there is medication that can address that. Ive got nothing... sorry.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Beer belly?
    High carbohydrate diet could do this. Beer is high carb.
    Ever notice how to kids that have malnutrition in Africa have bellies sticking out? Are you eating anything nutritious?
  • Sabre1232
    Options
    I don't drink beer or any alcohol... This is why I am confused...
  • Sabre1232
    Options
    it is somewhat hard but also squishy
  • Sabre1232
    Options
    No possibility of being pregnant...
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    No possibility of being pregnant...

Second thought is celiac can cause crazy bloating. I'd go back into the doctors and have more testing done.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Do you have any digestive/ bowel issues? I've seen IBD patients with bellies like that
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    There are many things it could be, but we need more information to even have a chance of helping you figure it out (most of us don't have medical degrees so your best bet is always finding a really good doctor). Do you have any history of eating disorders? I know with anorexia if you go long periods of starving or under eating most of the weight gain will go straight to the stomach, unfortunately. It's happened to me, but on a much smaller scale than this.
    I wish you all the best and I hope you figure out what it is! Once you do find out the cause please keep us updated as I'm sure this may help someone down the road!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My co-worker has Crohn's and she sometimes gets a belly like that.
  • Sabre1232
    Options
    I don't eat fast or processed foods. I generally eat pretty well and have never had any past with eating disorders.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    My co-worker has Crohn's and she sometimes gets a belly like that.

My tummy doesn't do that but I've been many Crohn's and UC patient's bellies that do
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Also, my issues were accompanied by the symptoms of IBD and a number of other things. Find someone who will treat the underlying condition not the symptoms.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Could it be visceral fat? It's pretty much fat around the organs which causes belly fat, mostly. Though you are in a healthy weight, you are on the higher scale, you could be holding fat in your stomach. Have you ever tried to lose it through calories deficit?

I would first rule out any medical possibilities. Have you ever done a body fat test? What have Doctors said/suggested? Do you feel uncomfortable? having bowl movements everyday?

• oolagirl
    oolagirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How old are you? I am in my early 40's and have the same issue due to (I think) peri-menopause. Is this something new?