Stomach sticks out abnormally(pic)

Options

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    oolagirl wrote: »
    How old are you? I am in my early 40's and have the same issue due to (I think) peri-menopause. Is this something new?

OP is 18 years old. She needs to see her doctor.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well like other have said going to the doctor to check for other things would be ideal but it doesnt look bad.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    hstoblish wrote: »
    Seriously, please get an ultrasound. You can PM me, but my story is pretty scary. What I learned is that sometimes you need to advocate for your health hard. I saw multiple doctors before I found one who took me seriously. If you have a protruding abdomen, especially one that is getting worse, you need to get it checked out.

I second this. Go have it checked again. I had an ovarian cyst that grew huge. I ended up with sepsis, kidney failure, and in the hospital for 6 weeks. Get it looked at.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue...add me!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Please pm for info
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing. I was just skinny fat. I started eating at a deficit and as I lost weight, I lost the stomach. can't hurt to talk to a doctor though especially considering how young you are.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    You should not seek advice here. You should see a doctor. And possibly you are playing a game. You look completely pregnant. Or either a cancerous or non cancerous tumor. Both could kill you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    D O C T O R. Now. Please.

Also, when you say there's no possibility you're pregnant, do you mean "I know for sure because male seminal fluid has never been within 50 feet of me" or "I trust birth control's claim of 99.9% effective and I took my pill therefore I can't be pregnant"? I'm not trying to call you a liar or anything, I'm really not. I just have a sleeping two year old next door who I couldn't POSSIBLY have been pregnant with because "birth control is 99.9% effective"...

I thought the pill was only 98% effective?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am not overweight but 5'8 and 163 lbs and female. My issue is every where is fine but my stomach it sticks our around 38 inches. I am not sure if this is fat or bloating but it isn't a fibroid(got it checked). Not sure what to do.

When you say you had a fibroid ruled out, I am guessing this means an ob gyn checked you, which will also rule out a pregnancy. In this case, and assuming you are 100% sure you are not pregnant, it looks like your body stores most of your fat in your belly. Not the most common shape for a woman, but not too rare either.
    Based on BMI alone, you are borderline overweight. But beign at the upper BMI healthy range might work for some people and not for others, depending on frame and muscle. Someone at your height might have an ideal weight of 160, someone else at 130. Which is a big difference.
    Assuming again that you are 100% sure that all medical issues have been ruled out, lose some weight and see what happens.
    My daughter looks like this a bit. Her "problem" is about 5 kilos of fat stored all in her belly and absolutely nowhere else, so slim arms and legs/thighs make the belly stick out like she is 4-5 months pregnant. Just an unfortunate body shape.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    My stomach does this too. I am quite thin so it looks extremely weird and I can't wear tight clothes. I wish I had answer too :( let me know if you ever find it
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My tummy does this till I lose weight by running or swimming. The rest of me looks fine
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My stomach had done that- over the years I had a rental prolaspe, hernias, and the biggest cause of that was a diastasis (that was from the muscles separating during my pregnancies.) either way a doctor is absolutely your most important first step!!! Wishing you good health! ❤️
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You should really see a doctor like everyone here suggested. Rule out liver problems! Read a bit about ascites and see if your stomach acts in that way. No one can help you figure it out online.