Fitbit tracking

Options
Do I want to check the negative adjustment box or leave if unchecked and do I log exercise on myfitnesspal or Fitbit

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Turning on negative adjustments allows for your calories to be reduced on days that you aren't as active as your MFP activity level setting. This is to keep your deficit constant. With it turned on you will typically start the day with some calories taken away and will earn them back as your day goes on. It's personal preference to have it on or off, but realize that if it's off your deficit will be smaller on days that you don't burn what MFP estimated for your activity level setting.

Depending on the model and what your doing for exercise will determine if you need to log anything. Swimming should be logged with all models since you won't be wearing it. HR models don't really need anything logged. Models without HR only need stuff that isn't step based to be logged. Personally I log on Fitbit if I need to log anything.

If you do log on MFP:
    - MFP will send the log to Fitbit
    - MFP will change it's calorie burn in the adjustment math to account for the exercise.
    example:
    MFP estimated burn without exercise 1800
    400 calories burned from exercise
    2200 estimated burn with exercise

2500 Fitbit burn (includes the exercise you logged on MFP)

2500 - 2200 = 300 calorie adjustment

Since the calorie burn on both sides takes into account the logged exercise, there is no double counting of it.

- MFP sometimes glitches and sends the exercise over to Fitbit for the wrong time. This messes up Fitbit's calorie burn which ultimately messes up your adjustment.

• fitnesscat78
    fitnesscat78 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you for letting me know