Replies

• nojuicejustjin_
    nojuicejustjin_ Posts: 238 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    nurse

What dept? I'm studying now for my BSN looking to get into pediatric oncology

I'm on a catch all floor (military). We have everything from neonate to geriatrics and the occasional psych

Almost like clinicals but permanent lol that's great that you are familiar with different situations for different ages
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    nurse

I'm on a catch all floor (military). We have everything from neonate to geriatrics and the occasional psych

Almost like clinicals but permanent lol that's great that you are familiar with different situations for different ages

Jack of all trades, master of none, is more like it!
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    nurse

Well thank you for your service!cim sure you make a hell of a difference in those pts
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Respiratory therapist

I do love calling RT for breathing problems

I bet you do. I get lots of calls from nurses (which I love)

I love making good team work with other departments

• strozman
    edited April 2016
    Options
    nurse

Well thank you for your service!cim sure you make a hell of a difference in those pts

You are too kind! Except for the babies/peds/comfort care, I rarely feel like I make a difference. We deal with a lot of civilians (family members) and veterans who absolutely refuse to take care of themselves in any way (meds/diet/excercise). And we see those same people over and over and over.
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    nurse

You are too kind! Except for the babies/peds/comfort care, I rarely feel like I make a difference. We deal with a lot of civilians (family members) and veterans who absolutely refuse to take care of themselves in any way (meds/diet/excercise). And we see those same people over and over and over.

Those stubborn vets :( I know a few!
  • strozman
    Options
    Respiratory therapist

I tend to be a flirt, so I have a good working relationship with most other departments. It's also nice when I call the RT and they know they better get to the room now because they trust my judgement. Much respect for RTs out there
  • strozman
    Options
    nurse

Those stubborn vets :( I know a few!

I get it, I've been in since 1994 and I still don't like being told what to do. But if you have to start cutting my limbs off or change my diet, well I'm going to choose diet.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Respiratory therapist

I tend to be a flirt, so I have a good working relationship with most other departments. It's also nice when I call the RT and they know they better get to the room now because they trust my judgement. Much respect for RTs out there

That's awesome!

Love nurses that know what they are doing and truly love the ones that don't touch my vent!

Thank you for your service and thank you for being great at your profession
  • Matty_Bowman
    Matty_Bowman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am a locksmith, safe technician.
  • 5150nick562
    5150nick562 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Respiratory therapist

And a hott one lol
  • pipermoom37
    pipermoom37 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a dog trainer
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Housewife, I don't want to work, but if my husband needs help I have a CDL and can operate heavy equipment, so I will work for him until he finds someone else...but it's hell on the manicure, lol
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I'm a PhD scholarship student and a part time lecturer. Yes, I get paid to be a student.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN but specialize in CDI.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Mental Health Biostatistician/Epidemiologist
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Manufacturing - assembly line
  • hrsj022
    hrsj022 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Merchandising and sales Coordinator for a clothing company ( rep that services dept stores) set displays/ meet with store management/ act charming
  • schwenkler22
    schwenkler22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dental assistant. Yes, there's a difference between being a hygienist and a dental assistant. Everyday I'm suctioning.
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Owner of a restaurant ...