Cod Fish Cakes

Options
lucywhatford
lucywhatford Posts: 30 Member
I made these for dinner as I had some frozen cod fillets in my freezer that I needed using up! I used a box of Tesco low fat frozen cod fillets (6 in a box) but you could use fresh cod.

Ingrediants:
Approx 500g Cod, skinless.
Approx 3-4 Potatoes roughly 500g
1 Spring Onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce
Finely Chopped Red chilli to taste
1 tablespoon of milk
1 teaspoon of butter
1 teaspoon of vegetable/cooking oil
Enough flour to lightly coat the fishcakes

Method:
1) Cook the fillets of fish in the oven until just cooked through, should only take about 10-15 minutes
2) When cooled flake the fillets into a big bowl
3) Finely chop the spring onion and chilli and add these to the fish, I only put in a quarter of a chilli but you can add as much or as little as you like!
4) Add the Soy Sauce and mix everything together.
5) Peel, chop and boil the potatoes until cooked through and mash them before adding to the fish mixture. (I have a potato ricer so it skips having to mash them! :D)
6) Form the mixture into "patty" shapes, (I made 6 large cakes to serve 3 people) and put in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up a bit.
7) Lightly dust the fishcakes with flour and fry gently for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown!

I served with some salad and they were very nice! Approximately 320 Calories for 2 large fish cakes

Replies

• purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    They sound delish! Although I would personally substitute the cod for haddock, that's just my preference. Don't think there would be much cal difference.
    Px
  • lucywhatford
    lucywhatford Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I prefer haddock as well! I was just trying to use up food in my freezer :D
  • kevin2406
    kevin2406 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump