30 Day Shred questions. :]

Does the 30 Day Shred really pay off? I just want to know because I'm planning on starting it on Tuesday, and I want to make sure if it'll be worth it or not. (: Any tips or before/afters?

Thanks<3

Replies

• musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    I lost 5 pounds and 9.5 inches doing the shred. It definitely pays off! I still want to lose at least another 10 pounds but I'm a lot stronger now and my body is much firmer, plus I'm seeing muscle definition in places I've never had it before, like my back. You can see my before and after thread here if you like http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/273586-my-30-day-shred-results-with-pics
    Good luck!
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    I loved it! Did it through January and February and lost 15 pounds - plus watching my calories of course and learning to cook using tyhe biggest loser family cookbook.

jillian is awesome during it, it's short, and it's sincerely effective. my butt looked better, my arms started to get definition and it was always a challenge.

good luck!!!
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    I thought it was pretty cool and it is doing wonders for my wife. Especially if you haven't done anything like it before, it is a great intro program.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    I lost about 1.5 pounds. That's it.

However.

I LOST THIRTY-SIX INCHES. THREE FEET.

It works. Big time.
  • how does this program work???
  • bsd122
    bsd122 Posts: 3
    Is this the Jillian Michaels video? It works this well?
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    I just completed Day 5 of Level 1 and I'm already feeling stronger, but I have to admit...hearing Jillian say the same things over and over has already gotten kind of annoying. Other than that I definitely recommend it thus far
  • I know a few people who have done it & they didn't lose much weight on the scale (just a few pounds), but they lost a lot of inches! I would say it's worth a shot.
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    I'm doing it right now! So far I'm 5 days in & have lost about 1 lb :) and I can see a difference in my waist and arms, not to mention my endurance!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    I personally didn't think I was losing pounds or inches from it.
    But I'll still do it occasionally for an extra burn.
  • I'm on day 3! Muted Jillian & put in the ear buds this morning. Less likely to wake the kiddos that way & yes enough of the same thing over & over. :) I like it but OMG my shoulders....
    SW 160
    CW 143
    GW 135
  • I love it! I have already finished 30 days of it so I am on round 2 ;) I know how after day 5 you tend to get tired of Jillian saying the same thing, so I just mute her and turn up the radio. By day 5 of each level you know what she is gonna do next anyways ;)
  • I just completed Day 5 of Level 1 and I'm already feeling stronger, but I have to admit...hearing Jillian say the same things over and over has already gotten kind of annoying. Other than that I definitely recommend it thus far

I just did day 5 today as well! I feel awesome, I have also been running a bit as well, can really feel the burn.

After the second time I did the video I now turn off the volume and just crank up some music. I cant listen to the same thing over and over, it is hard enough to do even the same short video every day.
  • I'm 15 days in and on level 2 now. The biggest battle was getting through the first few days and pushing myself to keep going the next day when my unfit body was aching, but it is paying off. I'm already feeling fitter and have reached a stage where I'm not sore the day after.

Also worth a mention that I have already lost 8lb and 8 inches after combining it with logging my calories on MFP.

All in all, great DVD so far and a very challenging way to spend 20 minutes each day, but the results are worth the effort. Just push through the first week and think, "It's only 20 minutes!" It gets easier as your fitness level and stamina improve. :)

Highly recommended.
  • Thank you every so very much. <3

I'm very inspired as to what you all had to say. I'm going to give it a try and see how I like it. (: I hope that my journey doing this will be as worth it as all of yours.

Good luck to the people who are doing this, and to the people looking for a healthier life.

Everything that you guys have said has really motivated me and I'm beyond excited to start the 30 Day Shred!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Have fun! Make sure you take pictures before and after so you can let us all know how much you liked it. [:
  • I surely will. <3 Thanks!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    I started Thursday, so tomorrow is my 5th day, and I've been pretty sore in my thighs, but I kept going and its starting to get better! Already seeing a difference in some areas (I can do more pushups and ab workouts than day 1) and hopefully will see results on the scale/measuring tape soon enough!! I plan on measuing every 10 days, when I finish each level, and if I like what I see I'll do a second round. Good luck!! Hope it works for you :)
  • Thank you! Good luck with you too. (: I just hope that I'll make it and not lose all strength.