Protein Powder/Shakes - Advice

Options
SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
Currently, I am taking a multi-vitamin (Womens One A Day Metabolism), omega-3, and have some awesome SuperGreens (YOR Health) that I drink/take daily. In the morning, I also drink an organic protein drink called 'Orgain' (which I recommend to EVERYONE...If you want to get it though, its cheaper through Amazon!!).

I would enjoy adding a lower calorie protein shake/powder to my daily routine (I would like it to take the place of my mid-day and evening snacks). Can anyone offer some advice in this area for what has worked well for you? I haven't had a lot of experience in this area, as I was recently just working on making sure I got all my daily vitamins. Now I need to work on more protein.

Replies

• olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I use the strawberry flavor from Optimum Nutrition. It has 24grams of protein and 110 calories per serving and you can have it automatically shipped to you every month from Amazon! I actually do it every 2 months. It seems it lasts me that long.
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Aria women's protein powder- 80 cals for 2 scoops! 15 g protein is great! It is also great because it is higher in calcium and vitamin B than most protein powders.

My go to shake is Fitsmart Fiber35 Diet Chocolate Cream shake- It has a great balance of protien and fiber to keep me full all day, 1 scoop is 70 calories and has tons of vitamins and nutrients in it too.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Protein Shots; 26 grams of protein and only 110 calories.
  • tpot74
    tpot74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Aria women's protein powder- 80 cals for 2 scoops! 15 g protein is great! It is also great because it is higher in calcium and vitamin B than most protein powders.

My go to shake is Fitsmart Fiber35 Diet Chocolate Cream shake- It has a great balance of protien and fiber to keep me full all day, 1 scoop is 70 calories and has tons of vitamins and nutrients in it too.

I too recommend Aria Womens protein shake by Desginer Whey...www.designerwhey.com also sold in stores. I love the chocolate. Its acutally the kind I have tried. It is so smoooothe with Silk Almond unsweetened soy milk. Easy to prepare in a Blender Bottle..at home or on the go!
  • SeasideOasis
    Options
    Thanks for the options everyone! I will be researching all of the above :) Having somewhere to start seems to be HALF the battle!
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    Shakeology
  • mrdalton
    mrdalton Posts: 97
    Options
    I drink ISOPURE found at any vitamin shop. It is as thin as water and taste great. It is made from 100% whey protein with zero carbs and is fast absorbing. It has 50 grams of protein a bottle so I only drink half after a workout. But it is delicious. Now, I thought it would be cheaper to buy the powder and make my own drinks - big mistake - it is completely different than the fruit drink. I ended up throwing it away and going back to buying a case of the bottled fruit drink.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in all of Optimum Nutrition's products.
  • Cjrucks
    Cjrucks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey - Use there Protein Whey powder Chocolate of course and it lasts just over a month. Good tasting and fills me up for breakfast and also great after a workout.
  • 4g64fiero
    4g64fiero Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ON is good stuff but it doesnt mix as well as Atlarge Nutrition's stuff. AN's stuff is considerably more expensive, though.

EAS is just as good as ON and its even cheaper if you buy it from sam's club. I just think AN mixes/tastes the best.
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    The best out there is the Vi-Shape Nutritional shake mix from Visalus. 2 scoops is 90 calories and tastes amazing. Feel free to look through my diary!
  • Hvarela02
    Hvarela02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you continously go over your protein goal, could it do harm (I have had the bypass surgery)?
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My protein drinks are a bit higher in calories becasue I mix them with milk and frozen fruit. But I must say chocolate with a frozen banana is to die for!!!! :drinker: I use the wheyobolic extreme protein from GNC (only 1 scoop), 1 cup of lowfat milk and 1 cup of frozen fruit. Strawberries with vanilla is another good one!
  • SeasideOasis
    Options
    If reference to the going over on Protein question, MFP sets the bracket pretty darn low. Without shakes, I have a hard time hitting 100 in Protein, which isn't even that high.

Thank you everyone!
  • Hvarela02
    Hvarela02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So too much protein will not harm your body? or will it?