Rinsing canned veggies

Options
I dont eat canned veg very often because of the high sodium content. However, i found a few cans of organic corn, beans, and mushrooms and decided to make a recipe. I rinsed all the salt water from the veggies. Now the sodium amount listed on the cans is incorrect and I keep getting red warnings about the salt when i log the recipe. How do i know, as closely as possible, what the actual sodium content is?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Ignore the warnings. The only way to know the salt content is to get the veggies fresh or frozen.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    You can buy canned veg and pulses in water (no added salt) in the UK, not sure if any are organic though.
  • 230to142
    230to142 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here in the US, the best canned veg are found at health food stores. We have organic, low sodium, packed in cans with no BPA lining. However, they are around 3-5 times the price of the regular cans. I will just ignore the warnings, or log the veg as low sodium from now on. Thanks for your input!
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ignore the red. You know you're eating less salt. You can't strictly log things like that