Day 1 with MFP in Austin, TX

Options
Yay me!
I'm being silly but seriously, I DID in fact make it one full day without eating anything crappy or super-sugar & fat filled. That has to count for something.

I would love to find some fun MFP friends - special bonus points for Austinites - to share meal and snack ideas, exercise tips (though just getting me to the gym anytime soon will be a miracle), and potentially, for the locals, do a monthly healthy dining get together.

Am also hoping to make friends with women with PCOS. I just started Metformin last week and would be interested in comparing notes on it's affects on eating, appetite, etc.

Happy Tuesday, all!
Jen in Austin

Replies

• LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i want Austinite bonus points!!

lol i'm adding you now. just wanted to let you know.
  • nurule
    nurule Posts: 1
    Options
    hello.. i'm new here :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Hey there welcome to MFP.. You're going to love it here :) Im a fellow austinite so feel free to add me if you'd like
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    one full day is AWESOME, not silly at all. it's hard when you realize how bad you really DO eat! i'm going to add you. i know my ticker says i haven't lost much.. but i was 10 lbs from my goal weight last year, and then i let myself get too off track and ate like crap for a year and gained it all back. so i've done it before and i have a little bit of knowledge! anything you need to know feel free to ask!
  • whitneyrae23
    Options
    I'm an Austinite.. Well sort of, I live in Kingsland but I visit Austin frequently. :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm in Austin! :D
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So I'd love to know where in town y'all might go for quick, healthy meals.

I'm just south of downtown so I like The Screaming Goat and their taco salad with abodabo chicken. And I love Freebird's salads.
    Course, now I need to figure out their nutritional values...
  • JenInAustin
    Options
    Anymore Austin-ites out there? Would love to make some more friends, continue the mutual support, and share favorite local eateries :) And particularly MEN. I have almost no male friends on here. I am not scary - promise :p

Jen
  • jennbow2011
    Options
    Howdy Jen...I'm a Jenn with 2 'N's'! While I'm not an Austinite...I am a Round Rockite!
  • JenInAustin
    Options
    Jenn-with-two-n's, Round Rock totally counts. Nice to meet you!
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    I did a search for Austin and found this post...

...I live in Austin, I would love some Austin weight-loss buddies to talk to about local farmers markets, grocery stores, and eateries :)
  • jkwcmw
    jkwcmw Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I am not from Austin, but I am with you on PCOS. I have been on metformin since Nov 2010 and since then it has helped me lose 14lbs without trying. But it did mess with my stomach quite a bit at first. Then is goes away.
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yea for Jen's in Austin! Are you guys doing the monthly healthy dinners? It would be nice to have a local MFP support group. I'm glad I found this thread :)
  • JenInAustin
    Options
    We haven't done a get together mainly because I haven't done any organizing :p
    I've been working a 3pm-11pm job so dinners are easier said than done!