Lotion

Options
casey34472
casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
I'm looking for good lotion. My skin is so dry. Dose anyone know of a brand that works? I don't care about the cost! I so sick of having dry skin but its mostly on my hands. Any Ideas?

Replies

• casey34472
    Options
    I'm looking for good lotion. My skin is so dry. Dose anyone know of a brand that works? I don't care about the cost! I so sick of having dry skin but its mostly on my hands. Any Ideas?
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This may sound strange...but my Doc recommended Crisco for my son's dry skin. It's cheap, odorless, and does work. So does a good grade of Olive oil...figure they put it in a lot of the newest cosmetics. I use it in the shower, or just before, then rinse off, works on my dry flaky winter legs. If you want an exfoliating scrub mix it with sugar....cheap and effective.

My experience with the more expensive products is that too many of them don't work as well as the home remedies.

Good luck in your search.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    My doc gave me a tube of Aquphor and I love it. You can find it at drugstore.com
    Lynnie
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Neutrogena hand cream works really well, or the brand "Miracle Foot Lotion" in the same family as the "Miracle Hand Lotion." I use the foot lotion, whatever~to me the foot lotion is lotion that works well so I use it all over!
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I get desperate enough to use lotion, I use Vasoline Intensive Rescue.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I use baby lotion :laugh:
  • healthychic
    Options
    Lubiderm, Johnsons in the yellow and white bottle, i forget the name. and Jergens!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    The best thing for dry skin is to
    1) EXFOLIATE
    getting off the dry dead skin of the outside is you frist step... because moisturizing dead skin is pointless.:laugh:
    2)MOISTURIZE with an oil-based lubricant. baby oil is great... even olive oil works.
    3)PROTECT with humectants. either purchase a lotion with humectants or use vaseline. They help keep moisture in and create a barrier against the elements.

They sell these awesome little jars called "one-minute-manicures" and you can use them on hands, feet, elbows, whatever. They have an oil and a sea-salt scrub and you just scrub your hands or a minute, rinse in cool water and - VOILA - smooth skin that lasts through multiple washings! yay! :bigsmile:
  • casey34472
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll take a look at the store today! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I use Curel for extra dry skin, my skin can get so dry in the Winter now even more so with chlorine I'm in everyday.

I do know sometime back I used to use a GREAT lotion from Avon for extra dry skin and loved it! It's more of an ointment lotion combo for lack of a better way to describe it.

It comes in a tube or larger container with a screwtop lid so you can just scoop out whatever you need.

I highly!!! Recommend this one....I just haven't had a chance to grab any yet for this Season.

Check and see if anyone you know sells Avon and you can try a tube. :) Great stuff....and very decent cost...I know you mentioned cost is no factor. But sometimes lotions can be much more expensive because of name brand and are similar so just throwing the ideas out there.

Good luck finding something that works great for you!:flowerforyou:
  • fuzzsmom
    fuzzsmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i use eucerin calming cream, i get really dry itchy skin that i will scratch till i bleed, this is the only lotion that has ever helped me stop having to scratch my legs
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Grace Cole Bath & Shower Gel

tumblr_mijokpkRok1r0apqfo1_250.gif?resize=245%2C245
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    nathan-sunscreen-o.gif
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Ezzie wrote: »
    This may sound strange...but my Doc recommended Crisco for my son's dry skin. It's cheap, odorless, and does work. So does a good grade of Olive oil...figure they put it in a lot of the newest cosmetics. I use it in the shower, or just before, then rinse off, works on my dry flaky winter legs. If you want an exfoliating scrub mix it with sugar....cheap and effective.

My experience with the more expensive products is that too many of them don't work as well as the home remedies.

Good luck in your search.

This
  • ValkyriesCharge
    ValkyriesCharge Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like sunflower oil. Can add a few drops of lavender or another essential oil if you like. Really works great for keeping your feet from looking cracked and gross!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    casey34472 wrote: »

I use the Suave Advanced Therapy. Cheap, relatively odorless, and works well enough for me.
  • siestasparkle
    siestasparkle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jergens original. Dove soap!!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Shea butter.
  • saramickeydee
    saramickeydee Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    IT'S ALIVE! who is the necromancer?
    & it puts the lotion on its skin...
  • PiperGirl08
    PiperGirl08 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My dermatologist recommended both Eucerin and Cetaphil (?) creams (in the jar). I also use an Aveda body lotion when I want to smell like a girl, buth the dermatologist-recommended creams (not lotions) are both excellent.