6 1/2 months in. 175 lbs lost.

Options

Replies

• fastpitch2015
    fastpitch2015 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just started and my first weigh-in with myself showed a 3.4 lb. loss. So I am very motivated to keep going.
    6.5 months = 27 weeks.

175 pounds * 3500 = 612,500

612,500 / 27 = 22,685 calorie deficit per week or 3,240 deficit per day.

So, the first few months it looks like your TDEE was around 4,900. So the weight drop in the beginning makes sense.

But what about after that? For example, when you lost a little weight...

TDEE for a 5'7 male, weighing 350 pounds and "active" (sports 4 to 5 days per week) is 4,271 average.

4271 - 3240 = 1,031 calories per day.

Were you eating 1,031 calories per day? Or is my math wrong? I'm just trying to figure out how you accomplished this calories wise.

Congratulations on your success. I hope I can be half as successful!

1,200. And after 3 months I had to up cardio.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    Will210 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that much weight in 6.5 months. That is not healthy and no Dr. or dietician would ever recommend it. I am not saying you did not do it..simply find it incredibly hard to believe. That is almost 30 pounds a month , every month. And 100 pounds in 100 days is crazy. I can understand dropping 20-30 pounds the 1st month..maybe even the 2nd month..but it gets harder after that to consistently lose 30 pounds a month? Just saying...175 pounds lost would be incredible in 1 year.

He looks much healthier than he did prior to the weight loss. To me the benchmark for 'is this healthy or not' is the activity level. He was walking more and more - if it was not healthy - he would not be able to keep up the exercise. I would be willing to bet that fastpitch's blood tests would also be vastly improved - a lot of money on that one.

You said you could understand 20-30 first month? We're talking morbid obesity at 426 pounds. I chose not to weigh in for first 14 days. When I stepped in scale at day 14 I lost 30 lbs. when you change into a healthier lifestyle and you stick to it and don't cheat which I don't, it's possible. Anything is achievable if you live healthier and stick with your plan.
  • Microscopes
    Microscopes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just started and my first weigh-in with myself showed a 3.4 lb. loss. So I am very motivated to keep going.
    6.5 months = 27 weeks.

175 pounds * 3500 = 612,500

612,500 / 27 = 22,685 calorie deficit per week or 3,240 deficit per day.

So, the first few months it looks like your TDEE was around 4,900. So the weight drop in the beginning makes sense.

But what about after that? For example, when you lost a little weight...

TDEE for a 5'7 male, weighing 350 pounds and "active" (sports 4 to 5 days per week) is 4,271 average.

4271 - 3240 = 1,031 calories per day.

Were you eating 1,031 calories per day? Or is my math wrong? I'm just trying to figure out how you accomplished this calories wise.

Congratulations on your success. I hope I can be half as successful!

1,200. And after 3 months I had to up cardio.

Gotcha.

Thank you.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I still question your time frame. 100 pounds in 100 days would be eating at a deficit of 3500 calories a day. Not healthy and I don't think it is doable either. That is dropping 1 pound every day..and as your weight drops, that almost becomes impossible to do. I can understand, as I said, a very obese person, dropping 20-30 pounds the first month..maybe even the 2nd..but I can not see it happening without medical issues for any sustained time period. All you have to do..is do the math..there is no magic formula for weight loss. To lose 1 pound a day..you would have to eat at a 3500 calorie deficit everyday for over 3 months. I seriously doubt this. As I said..175 pounds lost..would be fantastic, if it happened in 12 months, even 18 months. In slightly over 6 months? I have my doubts..but hey..to each their own. I started at 308 pounds and put myself on 1200 calories a day and do stationary bike for an hour a day..still..not anywhere near 1 pound a day..and at that height and weight, I fell into the morbidly obese range. The weight is dropping fast..and I know..I will have to up my calories, as my Dr. has told me 1200 calories is not healthy for a man..my health coach through work, told me the same thing. 1800 calories would be far more healthy. Not any skin off my nose, whether you have accomplished this in 6 months or not. I simply don't buy into everything I read..and this simply does not seem possible. Could it be..I suppose..call me a doubting Thomas..or "I'm from Missouri.."
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    I still question your time frame. 100 pounds in 100 days would be eating at a deficit of 3500 calories a day. Not healthy and I don't think it is doable either. That is dropping 1 pound every day..and as your weight drops, that almost becomes impossible to do. I can understand, as I said, a very obese person, dropping 20-30 pounds the first month..maybe even the 2nd..but I can not see it happening without medical issues for any sustained time period. All you have to do..is do the math..there is no magic formula for weight loss. To lose 1 pound a day..you would have to eat at a 3500 calorie deficit everyday for over 3 months. I seriously doubt this. As I said..175 pounds lost..would be fantastic, if it happened in 12 months, even 18 months. In slightly over 6 months? I have my doubts..but hey..to each their own. I started at 308 pounds and put myself on 1200 calories a day and do stationary bike for an hour a day..still..not anywhere near 1 pound a day..and at that height and weight, I fell into the morbidly obese range. The weight is dropping fast..and I know..I will have to up my calories, as my Dr. has told me 1200 calories is not healthy for a man..my health coach through work, told me the same thing. 1800 calories would be far more healthy. Not any skin off my nose, whether you have accomplished this in 6 months or not. I simply don't buy into everything I read..and this simply does not seem possible. Could it be..I suppose..call me a doubting Thomas..or "I'm from Missouri.."
    You need more exercise. You said yourself 3,500 calorie deficient. There's your answer. Get to work.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    You need more exercise. You said yourself 3,500 calorie deficient. There's your answer. Get to work.

And as I said. I have 2 more days before I hit 7 months in and I've lost 180. If you want the weight to drop you have to workout more. Simple as that.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options

Not healthy to workout and do cardio? You need to find a different person to coach you dude.
  • joe_pilot
    joe_pilot Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the results of all you hard work!
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    joe_pilot wrote: »
    Congrats on the results of all you hard work!
    Thank you! I feel 20 years younger.
  • kat_para_
    kat_para_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You must feel on top of the world!
  • thetanyacam
    thetanyacam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty amazing. Well done for sticking to it. It's not an easy journey.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    Thats pretty amazing. Well done for sticking to it. It's not an easy journey.
    Thank you!
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow!! Unreal, way to go! So, you ate 1200 and had xxxxtra calories from exercise unused? How many exercise calories did you burn ( or have earned as surplus) every day? I have no excuses for me now regarding my slow loss, lol. Congrats to you and your wife, big time.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    Wow wow wow!! Unreal, way to go! So, you ate 1200 and had xxxxtra calories from exercise unused? How many exercise calories did you burn ( or have earned as surplus) every day? I have no excuses for me now regarding my slow loss, lol. Congrats to you and your wife, big time.
    Thanks! First 3 months comes off pretty well with diet and some cardio. But after 3 months I had to up cardio. I try to get at least 20,000 steps a day and over. 2-3 hours cardio a day.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I think that some of the people questioning the OP are just jealous. Why do we have to be so critical and questioning about someone's accomplishments? He looks great, feels great and it absolutely IS possible to lose that amount of weight in that time frame. Clearly. I don't think he has any reason to outright lie about it. He has already accomplished it. What would be the point in that exactly?
    Thank you. If you watch any tv at all you can clearly see it happens all the time. Why would I make up that anyhow. I was morbid obese. Would I want to brag on that? Not hardly. Thanks for your words!
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    kparadon wrote: »
    Congratulations. You must feel on top of the world!

Thank u!
  • DeanQuinto
    DeanQuinto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW! Much respect. That's amazing how much you lots in about 7 months. What a beast!
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    DeanQuinto wrote: »
    WOW! Much respect. That's amazing how much you lots in about 7 months. What a beast!

Thank u!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    That is soooo good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!