Vegetarian/Vegan friends!

Options
Hello!

I have been spending several months slowly changing my lifestyle. I have celiac disease so haven't been able to eat gluten for years now. I stopped eating meat altogether in the summer and recently transitioning to a mostly plant based diet after slowly phasing out milk, eggs, cheese.. etc. I am interested in a long term outcome.. I want to be healthy and happy for myself and my future children that I am hoping to have someday soon! I have realized that the short term "I need to lose weight fast" diets don't work for me. I already feel SO much better and have been using MFP to help control my calorie intake (because I can eat a lot) while also monitoring my protein intake to make sure I am getting enough. I DO want to lose the weight that I gained during college and some stressful years, but healthy eating is most important to me.

I would love some new friends with a similar mindset/diet for encouragement and recipe/food ideas! Especially since I am married to a carnivore who eats TERRIBLY and doesn't gain a pound :smiley:

-Jess

Replies

• 0aye
    0aye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess! Fellow vegetarian here :) glad to hear about your journey! I've been having a hard time hitting all my macros, so any vegetarians with tips, please add me and share your tips!
  • jtp139
    jtp139 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast, Nuts, Seeds, Dark Greens, Beans, Peas, Chia, Soy. Nutiva makes a vegan protein powder. As far as losing weight fast...How fast is fast? You just need to monitor your calorie intake and have a 500ish deficit daily to lose about a pound a week. Also, your body will naturally use your muscle first as fuel so I would suggest doing some sort of maintenance work. Just stay active. Drink LOTS of water. Water, Water, Water. Cut out all sugar. You don't want to cut your calories too low (like below 1200-1300) because you will not lose weight and you will really screw up your metabolism. Doing a weekly meal prep makes things easier because you just have to grab your meal and heat it up without having to think about it. Good luck! Glad to have another herbivore on my side! :) This is one of my "go to" recipes https://slowfortheconezone.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/thai-quinoa-casserole-gluten-and-dairy-free/
  • jintheusa
    jintheusa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for a protein bar that tastes good?
  • Matty_Bowman
    Matty_Bowman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. Vegan with years of practice under my belt. I'd love to share and support anyone who needs it!
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    send you a friends request!
  • MrsRGV
    MrsRGV Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi