Late night workout

Options
chupajen
chupajen Posts: 33 Member
somewhere around 8:30 pm start time. 10:00pm finish up. I try not to eat anything after dinner/6:00. Would it be better to get a little something in after workout, even if i'm just going to shower and go to bed? And suggestions greatly appreciated. TIA

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Only if you're hungry.
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I work out at the same time and usually just have either a shake with protein powder and almond milk or sometimes blend in a little frozen fruit. I feel I need a little something after a workout but don't really feel hungry enough to eat. Play around and see what works for you.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories after 6pm and before i got to bed and it has not hindered my weight loss at all.

Our bodies still works while we are sleeping. If your hungry and eating before you sleep doesn't effect your sleep or have any other I'll effect then I would eat within my calories. it's not going to hinder your weight loss.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is o.k. to eat just before bed. Work that into your daily calories.
    For some people, working out late can interfere with sleep. Good luck. :)
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If you have calories left, and you're hungry.... eat.

If you eat at like 11:12pm, go to bed at 1am, and wake up at 6am and weigh yourself you'll be heavier due to water retention and the food you consumed at 11 not being fully digested, that's it.

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i work out at night too because it helps me sleep and im an insomniac. I save a few hundred cals for adter my workout. Time of day eating doesnt matter.