I am so excited I had to share!

Options
I just started trying to lose weight (again) 5 days ago and have already lost 5 pounds!! I am eating right and exercising. It feels great!! Before, I had anxiety and depression, but since beginning this, I have decided to go back to school, and the anxiety and depression have almost disappeared!! Loving it so much! That is the best motivator of all:)) I wish you all the best and hope you reach your goals:)))

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new zest for life! It's amazing what some exercise and healthy foods can do!! :drinker: Keep it up!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news! Keep making time to log your food and exercise. There have been some studies that have found regular exercise to be as effective as medication for depression. If you find yourself slipping or getting discouraged, come back here for support. Just be aware that next weeks weight loss will probably be smaller than the first week. It seems to be quite common.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yea for you!!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Awesome! so pumped for you :)
  • cragen01
    cragen01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Absolute congratulations. From what it sounds like, I have been in your shoes and I know how amazing it feels to see the improvements in yourself. Keep it up, no matter how hard things get, keep it up. You will be a happier person in the long run for it.
  • layogi89
    Options
    You go girl! Keep it up! That's so awesome :happy:
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! It feels great. Loving life again:))
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You will find a lot of support here!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    just dont stop when the weight loss isnt coming as fast anymore!
  • corksterfl87
    corksterfl87 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's great! Working out always gets me out of feeling down
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I just started trying to lose weight (again) 5 days ago and have already lost 5 pounds!! I am eating right and exercising. It feels great!! Before, I had anxiety and depression, but since beginning this, I have decided to go back to school, and the anxiety and depression have almost disappeared!! Loving it so much! That is the best motivator of all:)) I wish you all the best and hope you reach your goals:)))

It's a great feeling isn't it? :) I remember my first 5 lbs loss, and the 'light bulb' moment, so cool.

It sounds like you're in the zone, and may you stay there. Congratulations on turning things around as well!
  • texmex39
    texmex39 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great news. The more you loose the better you will feel and look and your confidence will soar!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    necro thread. 4 years old
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Keep that momentum going! And remember, if you slip up it is not the end of the world. Just start again and make the next thing you put in your mouth healthy. It's not about being perfect, it's about developing healthy long-term habits. I wish you the best of luck and keep up the awesome work.
  • lisa_roberts
    lisa_roberts Posts: 176 Member
    Options

I also suffer with anxiety and depression since I started this app it's virtually gone it's amazing what one app and determination can do!!