Protein world and meal replacement shakes

Options
Anyone used protein worlds slender blend? How did it work for you? Also any other options that have been successful? Someone suggested slim fast but not heard good things

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    How about using a protein powder from a regular old store?
    I used walmarts pure protein.
    Try a protein bar first to see if you can handle the taste of protein.
  • sam06ana
    sam06ana Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Wal-Mart brand of shakes. I find then pretty filling, especially when paired with lots of water
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A meal replacement shake includes more than just protein. If you are planning on substituting a couple of meals opt for a replacement shake, or use protein powder as a "start" to creating your own meal....you also want to add fat and fiber.

Have meal replacement shakes been successful for me? Yes & no. They are good for (no-brainer) weight loss, HOWEVER, they are worthless for maintenance. I'm fat because my portions are too big. Meal replacements teach you nothing about portion control. Success for me is keeping the weight off, not losing the same pounds over and over.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    How about using a protein powder from a regular old store?
    I used walmarts pure protein.
    Try a protein bar first to see if you can handle the taste of protein.

I like body fortress from Wal-Mart
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Avoid slim fast! It's cheap because it's loaded with sugars. Protein World tends to have a better blend of ingredients, hence the higher price.
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use Thrive products/shakes as a supplement instead of a replacement, but it seems to be working for me for now.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey farrah I'm using slender blend and I love them. I started my weightloss journey on March 1st at 224lbs and by March 29th I only lost 7lbs so I looked at protein world products.
    Started slender blend vanilla and chocolate shakes and in 26 days of using it I have lost another 17lbs!!! So now weighing in at 200lbs!!!!
    They are expensive but to me they are worth every penny I paid for the tubs.
    I started out have 2 shakes a day but have lowered it to just 1 as I noticed the lack of fibre in my diet was causing constipation and no weightloss plan is worth that!!!!
    I make the shakes with just water and ice with a dash of cinnamon and they taste amazing. Also I will add that I exercise daily and at the moment I cycle up to 20 miles a day so that also helps with my large weightloss.
    I live in the UK and I buy mine from a superdrug store at a cheaper price as they are on a deal right now.
    Also stay away from slimfast I have tried that in the past and they are full of sugar and they leave you hungry!!!!!! Total waste of money for them.
    Best of luck hun on your journey.
  • coonhoundmom50
    coonhoundmom50 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Glad the Slenderblend is working!!!sorry you're experiencing constipation. Maybe add some fruit, like banana, to Slenderblend. I think it helps with const. But, did you know, Slimfast Advanced Nutrition powder is filling, especially if you add more ice than what's recommended, compared to shaking milk and powder in a blending cup. Hope this helps!
  • mumbles2013
    Options
    Thanks hun. My bowels are good now I just have a fibre breakfast and a shake in the evening and regular again xx
  • coonhoundmom50
    coonhoundmom50 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's great that you're cycling 20 mi/day!!! How many minutes is that? Right now, it takes me 30 minutes to walk a mile. Just wondering. Was going to go to park to walk dog, but, i decided to stay home, and do it here in the yard! I just recently figured how to sync my iPhone with Walkmeter app, so happy it "tracks" the progress!! Will sync exercise to MFP, too. It works with indoor bikes & treadmills, too. Less data entry to worry about when loading numbers into MFP. Now, if we could just program our food to do this, right? Sure there is something out there like this, like scanning the barcode on food package. That's how I track my weight, BMI, body water, bone density, and something else I can't remember, with my WeightGurus app sync scale. Just got it on sale at Bed Bath Beyond for 29.99, because my old scale was 10 lbs off, it was 10+ yrs old, so I found out from a recent doctors appt. Had a feeling it was way off, anyway. So thankful for these modern gadgets that are so helpful and making it fun to track progress!
  • mumbles2013
    Options
    Yeah I think it was time to change your scales after 10 years!!!! 20 miles takes me 75mins to do. I'm working up to 2 hours daily hopefully but right now starting slow. Walking is great too and underrated by a lot of people. I love cycling though because there's no strain on the joints and you can really get a good sweat on.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I make my own meal replacement shakes:

y2zx341fn9d9.png
  • Labyrinthine93
    Labyrinthine93 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Glad the Slenderblend is working!!!sorry you're experiencing constipation. Maybe add some fruit, like banana, to Slenderblend. I think it helps with const. But, did you know, Slimfast Advanced Nutrition powder is filling, especially if you add more ice than what's recommended, compared to shaking milk and powder in a blending cup. Hope this helps!

I use the Slimfast Advanced with just fat free milk. I have a hard time getting protein in, but this stuff helps so much. Love it. Not concerned with sugar. It fits into my calories and gives me a huge protein boost.