Wake Up Call

Options
sakwari
sakwari Posts: 60 Member
I was always the person that said “Tomorrow I’ll start working out; tomorrow I’ll start eating right.” Then I was hit with a wake up call, I had a stroke a little over 2 months ago. Lying in the hospital bed I said it is now or never. I was very fortunate to still have sensation in my arms and legs and the doctors told me with therapy I would regain everything. I am 2 months into my therapy and just started running again. I am very excited about my journey and using MFP to get there. Since the stroke I have lost 19lbs. I have a long way to go with a little over 70lbs to lose but there is no turning back for me.

The day you stop making excuses is the day your life starts to change.

Replies

• stephgreene
    stephgreene Posts: 143
    Options
    Congrats on losing 19lbs so far! Good luck!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good luck......
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    great job... keep it up... I had a similar wake up call when I ended up in the ER on valentine's day... 35 days later, thanks to MFP and my determination I am a fourth of my way to my goal of losing 137 pounds...
  • justdoitx1
    Options
    God Bless you and congratuations on your weight loss....AND your recovery!
  • anscombe
    anscombe Posts: 16
    Options
    Good for you... Keep it up
  • justdoitx1
    Options
    I am impressed with you rweight loss! I so want to be successful this go round. I have battled weight many years and @ 56 I feel I am running out of time to achieve a healthy weight. I know it takes time and I must stay focused! Thank for sharing your info w/ us!:flowerforyou:
  • danielrrojas
    Options
    You can do it, man!! I was 21 years old last year, weighing 306.8 pounds at 5'8 tall. It's been a little over over a year, and I am now down to 188.4 pounds. I never thought I could do it, but having faith in a higher power and in myself, I achieved the greatest accomplishment. I am in no way done yet, but I strive each day. You will be healthy and fit. It just takes time and patience.