weight loss

Options
slc50909
slc50909 Posts: 3 Member
Needing to lose around 100lbs. Unfortunately, the only time I'm motivated is after I am extremely full from eating bad foods..

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Well, you're gonna need to change that motivation to 80% of the time - minimum. It takes a pretty big commitment to lose 100 pounds.

Just start. Do one thing this week that will push you in the direction of weight loss. My suggestion would be to log every bite of food you eat this week. Don't even worry about changing your food in any way, just log it into the Food here and you will get an education by just doing that. Next week, add something else - like a 30 minute walk four times a week. Like that. Add stuff in. You can do it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There are no "bad" foods. There are foods that have better nutrition profiles, but none are out right bad. My goal is to eat better most of the time, it's not to eat perfectly (whatever that is).

My goal is weight loss AND later on, weight maintenance. To maintain a weight loss I need to improve my eating habits forever. I won't give up treats forever, so I need to learn to manage my portions for these. As long as I'm meeting protein, fat, and fiber goals I'm good.

Here are a couple good newbie threads.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Well, you're gonna need to change that motivation to 80% of the time - minimum. It takes a pretty big commitment to lose 100 pounds.

Just start. Do one thing this week that will push you in the direction of weight loss. My suggestion would be to log every bite of food you eat this week. Don't even worry about changing your food in any way, just log it into the Food here and you will get an education by just doing that. Next week, add something else - like a 30 minute walk four times a week. Like that. Add stuff in. You can do it.

Best advice, IMHO. I'm down nearly 90 and very close to my goal and this is how I started and actually stuck with it. So many people get that burst of motivation and change their entire lifestyle over night then fall off shortly after.. Small steps, small changes over time create lasting and sustainable results! I literally started with drinking water instead of soda about 14 months ago then slowly over time just started cutting my portions a little at a time.. didn't have mfp either, just eyeballed it.
  • drana325
    drana325 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Talk to your pcp....I talked to my pcp....I ended up finding out why I don't lose weight quickly. Ever since that chat, I found out what was wrong with my metabolism, eating habits, and workouts. I lost 18 lbs. I have 60 more to go.

You need to know why you crave bad foods so much and have you pcp find a good replacement food.