My macros?

Options
I'm 5 feet 185lbs. Had a baby 1 year ago and I'm finally hopping on the ban wagon. Can someone please look at my macros and tell me if they seem correct for the sake of fat & weight loss?

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you need to be in a calorie defecit, macros don't really matter for weight loss. Macro dieting is a personal preference you do for health and or fitness related.
  • happydaysmkm
    happydaysmkm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness I hate counting calories!!! I was hoping I could get away w macros because they're so much easier to track
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    If you're counting macros you're still counting calories in a way
  • happydaysmkm
    happydaysmkm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Malibu927
    Thats what I think but I really wanna know if they are ok numbers for me. If someone could just look at them that would be awesome
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting would ensure weight loss.
    If you wanted to try and lose weight by counting macro's only you would probably benefit most from a low carb diet because it tends to make people eat less as the food is very filling and satisfying.
    Having said that though, there are the other half of people who will still over indulge on this way of eating and have to track their calories too.
    You could give it a try and see how you feel?
    Honestly though a few weeks counting calories and you'll be able to memorize most of them anyway :)
  • lyndseybellz
    lyndseybellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i looked at your macros. your carbs looks a little high and your protein looks a little low. i would change the percentages on those two. i'd decrease carbs by 20/25ish and increase protein 20/25ish.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    BekahC1980 wrote: »
    To lose weight you need to be in a calorie defecit, macros don't really matter for weight loss. Macro dieting is a personal preference you do for health and or fitness related.

thats not true, your still counting calories. its not just about the quantity its about the quality of the calorie and meeting that balance of foods throughout the day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have MFP's default and it's all right - you will know it if you need to adjust it. Enough protein and fat is good for satiety; if you struggle with hunger/cravings, upping either can help, and enough protein helps retain muscle, but adjusting isn't necessary for anything else. Macro counting IS calorie counting, but instead of only paying attention to calories, you try to hit fat, protein and carb goals as well. Calories is most important; if you are off either in setting an appropriate goal, or tracking incorrectly, you won't get the results you are after. Weigh everything and log after doublechecking with package/USDA (lots of user entered items in database that are often incomplete, outdated, or plain wrong).