Having trouble getting motivated

Options
I am only 21 and I grew up as a dancer and was always in shape, but since highschool ended I have just put on pound after pound. I am now 100lbs heavier then I was just two years ago. I want to be in shape again, I want to not feel so much hatred for my own body. But I can't seem to motivate myself to take any actual steps towards my goal. I'm afraid I will never change.

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I was a dancer when I was young until a catastrophic knee injury. Dancers gain weight fast when they stop being active because you're used to an amount of food that usually burns off. It's very tough stuff. I have a bit more to lose than you, but I'd love to be a part of your support network. FR on the way.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    At the fact that you have 100 pounds to lose. You have to break it down to a smaller obtainable goals. For example if you drink soda make the commitment for the next 28 days that you were going to not drink soda but drink water or fruit to flavored water instead. Don't worry about the weight, start focusing on changing habits. As you change habits the weight will naturally come off. Also start considering exercise that you enjoy. If you used to be a dancer Zumba might be great for you. You can go to a class you can rent DVDs at the library, or the new size program from beach body with Sean T is pretty good. Also important, is the need to change your mindset in general. You need to give some positive feedback to yourself. You can't say it's never going to change because with that attitude it won't change. Start thinking I'm going to do one thing to make me healthier. Try to start ignoring and stopping the negative talk.
  • SierraES13
    SierraES13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, as much as I want to lose the weight my real goal is to be in shape again so hat climbing one set of stairs doesn't make me winded. I have tried Zumba before and I really like it so I think I will start doing it again.
  • lodgehemp
    lodgehemp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too...100 lbs to lose and can't get motivated. Add me, let's chat.