HEY THERE :)

Options
Hey everyone! I signed up for MFP awhile ago but never actively participated in the community boards. So far I am down 10 pounds but want to lose an extra 30 to get down to my goal weight. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to stay on track with your workouts? I have been pretty busy lately so when I get some down time, the last thing I want to do is exercise. Thanks :)

Replies

• jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome..staying on track is a problem for a lot of people...sometimes it is as simple as finding the time as well. We seem to be so busy. I MAKE myself do them even when I don't want too. 15 to 20 minutes in I am usually happy that I do..endorphins kicked in!! Good luck!!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    its a ritual that u have to plan into ur day if ur serious about losing the w8. In the meantime until u can mop out a plan i'd suggest u make subtle changes that don tseems like exercise & this will help; use the stairs instead of elevator, park ur car at a distance away from the store, job etc, just keep moving. hope this helps until u have a solid plan
  • kremsergirl
    Options
    My hubby and I try and workout the same time everyday. That way, we have our whole day planned out so we always make sure we get a workout in, even if it's 30 minutes.
  • dbenoitrn
    dbenoitrn Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all,

About to start my journey tomorrow...started journaling food today to get my recurrent food choices in the system.....but I have a question......I hve received the amt of cals if I were to stay in bed all day. Where do I enter the fact that I work 12hr shifts 3 days a week and am on my feet and running stairs all day.........
  • pats12to83
    Options
    Without question the best advice is find a RELIABLE workout partner that will push you to stay on track and stretch your limits a bit...Then it's not just leaving it in your hands to blow off a workout or not...
  • BrittanyLynne21
    BrittanyLynne21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    what really worked for me is making my friends go to the gym with me. We planned on going the same time 3 times a week and it really helped. Also I started taking classes at the gym like zumba and cardio dance, and I ended up realizing I love dancing and its a great way to burn calories too. Good luck
  • jackrokal
    jackrokal Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the great advice. Just started a 30 day shread challenge here so hopefully I will stick with it!! Also going to look into 5ks around th area because that could be something to work towards since I'm not such a great runner right now.