15lbs to my halfway point...and a kayak!!

Options
While out and about today we went into a ****'s Sporting Goods to look at kayaks... turns out they were having a nice sale and we spoke with an associate who has been kayaking for 15+ yrs with great advice ( along with the great advice I've gotten here). I sat in a Coleman kayak and really liked it. DH and I discussed it as I wasn't planning on getting one today..although oh so tempting to find the extra funds to get this deal. In the end though DH said he would get one for me on the next sale or near Labor Day when they have the season end sale as per the associate. I told DH that was perfect as I would make sure I am at my halfway point by then and it will be a gift to celebrate reaching that milestone....

so now to get 15lbs off by August 31, lol

Replies

• TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What a great gift idea!!! My husband introduced me to kayaking while we were dating, and I've been addicted ever since. It is WONDERFUL exercise, too!! Congrats on your loss so far -- and have fun when you get out on the water!!
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! Kayaking provides such a great calorie burn too. Have fun and good luck with it.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted a kayak. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to use it, so it would probably turn into a toboggan of sorts on winter evenings when things get out of control.

I'm very happy for you, though!
  • Shaylala
    Shaylala Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kayaking is SO amazing- my husband and I just got into it this year and have adored every single second out on the water. Great exercise, too! Enjoy!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    That is super exciting and terrific motivation too!!

I have set a goal to be on maintenance by this time next yr AND I want to take kayaking lessons and go on an adventure once I learn and am comfortable.
    My 13yo daughter took to kayaking like a fish takes to water. I am constantly amazed and I want to be fearless like that too.

You are going to have so much fun with your new kayak. SO happy for you!