Exercises for an injured ankle

Options
Jpat0
Jpat0 Posts: 201 Member
Hi all,

I sprained my ankle a month and a half ago. It healed well, so I started doing light exercises again. I know I'm supposed to let it heal but I got impatient lol. I started walking more but now my ankle is acting up again. I want to burn calories at least 6 days a week. I don't have access to a pool or a gym. Do any of you know any good exercises for an injured ankle?

Thank you.

Replies

• ComBrokerCEO
    ComBrokerCEO Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a GREAT exercise for an injured ankle...ICE. Lol
    Seriously tho- how often are you icing it? Try to at least twice a day, AT LEAST. Invest $20 in an oversize frozen gel pack off of amazon that you can use again and again. You'll thank me later.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    When I sprained my ankle last year my doctor recommended swimming and bicycling. He also said that an elliptical would be better on my joints than just walking outside on a cement sidewalk. It took about 2 or 3 months for my ankle to really get back to normal.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My son is recovering from a severe broken ankle. His physiotherapist gave him six daily exercises to do. Many have to do with gently stretching his Achilles' tendon (as his nurse put so colourfully he doesn't want to walk like a ballerina the rest of his life). Another exercise is wiggling all his toes. The foot is a highly complex bundle of tendons, muscles and bones. Take care of it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics. Most lateral (side to side) movements and light jumping on your toes. But make sure that you're able to do these without pain first.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png