Just not feeling it any more and I don't know why...

Options
I have lost 50 pounds, starting weight 255, now I am 203 pds. So I did manage to lose some weight so far but I have gotten comfortable at 200 pounds. I know I can lose 55 more pounds some how but not through counting calories. I guess I have gotten as far as I can go this route and I am now looking into weight loss clinics. I may even hire a personal trainer (I am not rich) once a week just to get me back to life. Has anyone else gone through the mid way mark and just lost all hope - that you are stuck here and keeping under calories seems impossible? I log everyday, I walk, I get my fruits and vegetables, but I am always over my allotment. Anyone else been here before and how did you get through it?

Replies

• KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    well i think you've had huge success but maybe you need a change. maybe a bootcamp?
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    I think that would help. Just looking into other options right now besides MFP to get extra help.
  • innerexp
    innerexp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A trainer can seriously help you get your mojo back and help you amp up your workouts. I would also strongly recommend doing Isagenix if you want to give yourself a boost. I was having one heck of a time and needed something to get me out of my rut and into ONEderland- a place I hadn't been in over 4 years. In 11 days I lost 9.5 lbs. Feel free to give me a shout if you'd like to hear more about it :)

~Jenn
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I am there now. You are not alone. I have plan but the problem is sticking to it. Last night my husband told me to stay at the weight I am but I am not happy. But if you are happy and healthy where you are stay there or relax your goal to lose 10lbs a year instead of the 50 in one year.
  • stackqt
    stackqt Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats on 50 lbs!!! That such an amazing achievement. It's super common to level off like this. Basically just change it up. If you don't want the expense of a personal trainer or even a gym membership try some videos. P90x does a great job of switching things up and may give you the kick start you're looking for. Definitely try to do some strength training in addition to your cardio. Even Yoga can be seriously intense! And best of luck! You're doing great!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Super job losing 60 lbs. Lots of people would love to say that.
    Don't quit now...you will gain it all back and more if you haven't done any resistance workouts. Just ask my brother who lost 66 lbs and gain it all back. He is pissed.

Here is what I suggest. Take that money for a personal trainer and buy Power 90 (hard) or P90X (harder) and build some muscle. Plus it's a nice change from walking. Now before you say, I don't want big bulky muscles keep in mind that you're a woman and can't do that cuz you don't have testosterone like men so you can only build lean sexy muscle. You can do it.
    You can return either product within the 1st 30 days if you don't like it and get a full refund (minus shipping) and then you can get a personal trainer. I personally like the personal trainer in the DVD's that I can pause and mute whenever I like LOL. Let me know how it goes if you go that route....that's how I lost (92 lbs (built back 20 lbs of muscle)). Now I can eat like made and not worry about it.
    Good Luck
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    I think losing 20 pounds a year will work, three years from now....I guess I want results without putting in any effort. I have research HCG, Metabolic diets and cheaper personal trainers. My gosh, I want a quick fix and lose half of the 50 but I have to think sensibly. I have not given up though. Thanks.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time for a maintenance pause. Keep posting your intake and exercise, but eat a steady healthy diet. Then, in a month or so, you can get back on dropping some weight. You've done such a good job so far, and you don't want to ruin anything you've worked so hard to obtain. Keep hanging in there, and keep in touch with MFP. It's all about a lifestyle change, so start your new lifestyle today. This is my 3rd time losing 35 - 60 lbs., and it's so different now with MFP. I can see where I've gone wrong in the past, and most of the changes I'm making this time, I can stick with. Hang in there!! You ARE doing great!!!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Maybe talk to a nutritionist about what to eat that will take the "counting" out of the equation. If you had a plan for the day with some varied meals that you knew were a set number of calories you wouldn't have to think about it or document it anymore. I say a nutritionist instead of a diet center because a nutritionist's job is to teach you how to make healthy choices for yourself for life, while a diet center's goal is to get you losing weight as fast as possible so you'll keep buying what they're selling. They're not concerned about helping you make a lifestyle change.
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Counting and logging and planning gets tiresome at times, but you have to be accountable for what you put in your mouth--if not on mfp then somewhere. You have really done well--it would be a shame to get too far off track after all the hard work you've already put in. I know people who've done really well using weight watchers, but you have to pay so it isn't as budget friendly as mfp. I think you need to shakeup your routine in other ways--try some new foods or recipes or alter your nutrient ratio a little. If you've been going really low carb, try upping them a little or vice versa. Eat more good fats--they help improve your mood. Just don't give up!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    But if you are happy and healthy where you are stay there or relax your goal to lose 10lbs a year instead of the 50 in one year.

That's a good idea!
  • keepkickingbutt
    keepkickingbutt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing effort and lifestyle changes you have already made! You've obviously got yourself into a great routine and you know you can do it... because you already have!!!

What everyone else said, plus maybe try signing up with some daily deal sites like Groupon, Living Social etc. - they sometimes have deals for gym memberships, training and so on at great discounts.

Or try to wheel and deal with a local gym if you're good at that - I'm not but have friends who drive bargains out of everyone, ha ha.

We're all here for each other so keep checking in here too! :D
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I think losing 20 pounds a year will work, three years from now....I guess I want results without putting in any effort. I have research HCG, Metabolic diets and cheaper personal trainers. My gosh, I want a quick fix and lose half of the 50 but I have to think sensibly. I have not given up though. Thanks.

Don't do a quick fix, such as diet pills, or fad diets, u will loose the weight, but ull gain it back and skyrocket upwards. Uve gotta lose it sensibly. What id do is set mfp to loose half pound a week..or do half pound half the week and maintenance the other half... this weekend I've went up to maintenance calories for a couple days to boost my system back to losing quickly again cuz on tuesday ill drop back down to 2lbs a week.. if ur doin anything like low carb, id drop that cuz it makes dieting harder, and living life harder and that's not what u need right now..
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options