Net Calories?

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
What exactly are net calories, and what is a good range for them to be in? I was trying to stick to 1200 cals a day and I normally burn off 400-600 a day, but have no idea what they mean! Help? :)

Replies

• sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    If you eat 1200 calories a day, but burn 400-600 during a workout and don't eat those calories back then your net calories would be
    1200-400= 800 net calories

You dont want your net calories to be under 1200, ever!!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    If you eat 1200 calories a day, but burn 400-600 during a workout and don't eat those calories back then your net calories would be
    1200-400= 800 net calories

You dont want your net calories to be under 1200, ever!!

I am always wayyy under my net calories but as long as I eat 1200 I feel I am good. It is my opinion that if I am not hungry there should be no reason for me to shove food in my mouth. Today I think I netted almost 400 calories. It is 10 at night here and I am not going to go eat a bunch of food to make up for what I worked off.
  • sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    if you netted 400 calories, that is not good! you will put your body into starvation mode....

plan your day out around your food so that you get all your calories in, and are not struggling to get them in at night.
    eating a bigger breakfast will also help with that.

unless you have alot of weight to lose, having this high of a deficit will not be good for weight loss.