Losing weight in order to try to conceive for a healthy pregnancy after miscarriage

Options
molliepw
molliepw Posts: 74 Member
Anyone out there with a similar situation, I'd love to connect with you here on MFP.
About 2 months ago I had a heartbreaking miscarriage. My husband and I had originally planned to start trying again for another baby around this time. However, I have not lost weight as I had hoped since the miscarriage, so I'm here now to focus on getting healthier, losing 15-20 lbs in the next 1-2 months.
My goals- I need to focus and stay consistent with tracking my food. I want to watch calories and carbs. Lots of water, exercising 150 minutes per week; 10,000 steps per day. Weight lifting 2-3 times per week. Here's to it!

Replies

• ladiesia
    ladiesia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your lost. That must be so hard for you. It's great that you're trying again! My husband and I are going to start trying soon as well. I also need to lose about 15 pounds. I don't know where it came from. It's just kind of crept up on me.

Before my husband and I got married, I lost about 50 pounds and 7 months. I did about the same that I'm doing now. The nutritionist that I used gave me a very similar diet and calorie regimen that this app has given me. She also told me to just do a ton of cardio. She said have you ever seen a fat Runner. :-) I thought she had a great point and with cardio and diet the pounds just melted off! I'm hoping that with this app and my hour of stair climbing at the gym everyday I should lose my 15 pounds in a month.

I would love to be support buddies with you! I thought this might be a nice app to use also while I'm pregnant and breastfeeding since you have to keep track of calories than as well. If all works out maybe we both will be pregnant at the same time!
  • Mzlinares
    Mzlinares Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awe so sorry .. I know how that feels. In the same boat looking to loose weight before conceiving and continue to exercise moderately during pregnancy.
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I am currently out to increase my overall fitness after finally losing my baby weight. Hubby and I would love to conceive our second and are currently trying.
  • LC107
    LC107 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi OP, I am so sorry for your loss this past March.That is absolutely heartbreaking. I too suffered a miscarriage (a while back) and know the physical and EMOTIONAL toll it can put you under so I really hope you take care of yourself during this emotional time.

I think it is great you are trying to get fit for a healthy pregnancy, I am also trying to get healthier in order to try and get pregnant the end of this year. I would say you lifting weights 2-3 times a week will absolutely prepare you for the physical strains of pregnancy. I recently had surgery so I am not able to lift anything heavier than 10lbs for the next month but I will try to watch what I eat and get some walking in but yes I see the most benefit in my body when I lift. Are you currently following a lifting program? I wasn't but I have been looking into various lift programs for when I am actually pregnant. Anyways I wish you all the very best and also a very healthy pregnancy in the near future :smiley:
  • Boricua914
    Boricua914 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am motivated by your resiliency and courage I'm sharing your story. I am trying to conceive, and considered to have "mature eggs" due to being over 40. I'm not giving up. My focus is health, weight loss & strength because it's not just conceiving, it's the late-nights-pick-up-baby kind of strength that I need. I've been in denial that my weight is preventing the expansion of my family. So here goes ...I put it out there, now to work it! ;) thank you for the inspiration!