Vegetarian, need protein

Options
I just recently became a vegetarian, but I am including dairy & eggs, but I need protein and don't really know what foods/fruits I can get it from.

Replies

• scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian as well and I eat nuts (sparingly), granola bars & chobani yogurts have 12-13g of protein ALONE! You can find a lot of protein in hemp and flax seeds (for your smoothies), chickpeas-yum! Spinach, peas, broccoli and different kinds of beans. Some cheeses are pretty high in protein as well. Hope this helps! These are all some of my favorite foods.
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Humus,felafels (made with chickpeas), lentils (soups,patties) and beans, oat bran ( biscuits, breakfast) are high in nutrients and fibre. Edamame beans (green soya beans) beans really nice.
    Tofu, milk, real yogurt with culture.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I really like vega ones nutritional drink... 22 grams of protein and half daily vitamins/minerals.
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Eggs, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, beans are all high in protein for a vegetarian. Also quinoa and brown rice. Many vegetables also have a fair amount of protein like kale and broccoli. Sun Warrior makes a great vegan protein powder.