I'm such an idiot

Options
I'm such an idiot..... I keep sabotaging myself. Eating things that are just not going to help me at all..... I get numbers in my head or start counting calories and start freaking out. I'm just so annoyed and angry with myself. I need to get out of my head. And I just have to do this. I need to do this for my health.... I'm so over this. Ahhhhhhh
. .... thanks for letting me vent

Replies

• amber76bailey
    amber76bailey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You're not an idiot you're human. One day at a time.... do you have mental health benefits through your insurance? Learning why I emotionally eat was a huge help. Now I eat for fuel and energy, that's it. Such a wonderful new lifestyle for me. I think in the last 8 months I've "cheated" maybe 3 times and it wasn't even a cheat it was completely thought out and planned. Made the experience joyful with not an ounce of guilt.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have hunger/cravings because you're overreatricting your calorie intake with too aggressive weight loss goal? Without knowing your stats obviously that might not be the case but say you're on 1200 try upping it to 1500 then you might find more of the good stuff fills you up such that you don't then have cravings & binge eat? Just a suggestion.
  • cultist
    cultist Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Yeah I'm of to see my doc tomorrow. And I'll go from there. I'm of shopping tomorrow so I'll make sure I only buy the healthy stuff and hopefully I'll settle in this week. Thank you so much for replying it's been very helpful
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    cultist wrote: »
    Thank you. Yeah I'm of to see my doc tomorrow. And I'll go from there. I'm of shopping tomorrow so I'll make sure I only buy the healthy stuff and hopefully I'll settle in this week. Thank you so much for replying it's been very helpful

It doesn't matter what kinds of foods you eat-weight loss is about creating an appropriate calorie deficit for your goals. You can gain weight eating 'healthy' foods, if you're eating too much of them.

Just focus on eating less of the foods you like, being accurate with your portion sizes (food scale set to grams), accurately track your food intake and then hit the calorie number MFP sets for you. That's all you need to do to lose weight :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cultist wrote: »

It doesn't matter what kinds of foods you eat-weight loss is about creating an appropriate calorie deficit for your goals. You can gain weight eating 'healthy' foods, if you're eating too much of them.

Just focus on eating less of the foods you like, being accurate with your portion sizes (food scale set to grams), accurately track your food intake and then hit the calorie number MFP sets for you. That's all you need to do to lose weight :)

Exactly this. I also found prelogging calories makes it easier to stay within your goal. This way you can modify for treats (i keep mine to 10-15% of my calories) and modify to adjust for adequate volume and fiber. I used to eat daily Klondike bars but decided to replace it with fruit with CoolWhip since it gave me more volume (same calories).