Evening snack ideas

Options
alybbop
alybbop Posts: 2 Member
Hey I was just wondering what you guys like to have as an evening snack?

Replies

• ashirsch
    ashirsch Posts: 8
    Options
    It depends on if I want salty or sweet. If I am in a sweet mood, I grab a special k protein bar. If I want salty, either pretzels or wheat thins, If I am not sure what I want I just eat some veggies or fruit. Always something healthy and within my calories for the day.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i usually eat turkey jerky and a pb and j sandwich made with pb2 (powdered peanut butter). also greek yogurt. i try to have more protein and less carbs. baby carrots and sometimes cherries, but i try not to eat fruit late at night.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I try to never eat after 9 PM, but sometimes, you just have to! Normally, I reach for a fruit, yogurt, or bowl of carrots. However, if I want something salty, I go for a granola bar or almonds. If you need something sweet, I suggest a 100 calorie pack, a Weight Watchers ice cream bar, or even a bowl of cereal. :smile:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow anything
    Strawberries and fat free whipped cream
    cereal
    chocolate milk (after every workout)

Secret::::: Sometimes, depending on my calories, I'll eat all of these things in one night!!!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    new addiction - edamame beans- steam for 7 min. and toss with coarse sea salt n pepper (easy on the salt of course- you can use table salt but you end up using less when its coarse grind :-) )
  • jmom1984
    jmom1984 Posts: 5
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is my fave! But I am also a cereal lover. Depends whether I want salty or sweet.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Kernels 100 cal popcorn or fat free cottaage cheese with peppers Mhmmmmm!
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I try hard not to but if I just have to have something I have a cup of caffine free herbel tea. Blueberry is my favorite with honey.
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    my goto snacks are 100 cal kettle corn , key lime pie yogurt , & wheat thins with laughing cow swiss cheese wedge !!! yummy
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Someone here gave me the idea of mixing an apple, peanut butter, & honey - pretty awesome and filling enough. I have that often or some variation of it.
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    So settle my sweet tooth I have a glass of milk (one cup) and an individually wrapped square of Hershey's Pure Dark Chocolate. To make sure it will fit into my goals I usually log it to my evening time foods when I log my breakfast in the morning!
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    We often eat air popped popcorn (spray with a bit of EVOO and sprinkle with salt free spices).

I also make a quick "smoothie:
    1.5 cups milk
    1 cup fruit
    1 tbsp honey
    1 tsp vanilla
    - blend until smooth
    sprinkle with cinnamon
    (~100 calories each, serves two) - for more calories, you can add a bit of granola and fresh fruit on top

My husband enjoys a bowl of cereal, Annie's bunnies, or fruit (banana, clementine, etc)

Whatever you decide, log it first thing in the morning so you aren't over and still craving it at the end of the day.