My new car

Options
Tsartele
Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
edited April 2016 in Chit-Chat
So two weeks ago I was in a car accident that totaled my trusty blue 1994 Honda Civic.. that car was older than dirt and had 318,000 miles on it but it was so dependable I just loved it. I bought it in 2006 for $2500 and drove it for 10 years.

So I spent the last two week bumming rides from people and doing what I could to get around but was not able to get much gym time in. Thankfully today I found this little gem on a dealers lot. Its a 2003 Honda Civic LX, 5 spd with 112,000. The car is immaculate inside and out and I stole it for $2700. It went to pepboys for inspection and passed with flying colors.

pny4radrshh2.jpg

gaqguj4iyufu.jpg

5d9bbnblp2yt.jpg

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Nice ! Civics are dependable cars ! Congrats ! My friend had 280,000 miles on hers ( she took it for oil changes three times per year always ) and gave it to her daughter . her daughter has it at 310,000 without any major issues thus far !
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    We have a 98 Honda Civic and it has over 250,000 miles on it. Still going strong. I've had 6 Hondas. Great cars
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Looks like an awesome deal
  • Frank_Jr
    Frank_Jr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you are into modifying your car (visual) let me know.
  • Surgtek07
    Surgtek07 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Happy for you that you got your independence back and with a steal of a deal!!!
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Drive it in good health.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Sweeeet ride. I'm also sporting a 2003 silver, Honda Civic: Welcome to the Good Life! I will drive this car until I bury it.
  • Tsartele
    Options
    Sweeeet ride. I'm also sporting a 2003 silver, Honda Civic: Welcome to the Good Life! I will drive this car until I bury it.

Thanks.. This is my 6th Honda and honestly if you want a daily commuter that is good on gas and rock solid reliable than Honda can't be beat. I love Honda because of the quality and reliability. They are not luxury or extremely powerful but they were never meant to be.
  • Tsartele
    Options
    Surgtek07 wrote: »
    Awesome! Happy for you that you got your independence back and with a steal of a deal!!!

Thanks for your kind words.. Here is the kicker this car was originally sold to an Airmen at Gary Smith Honda in FWB.. As soon as I saw that I knew this was the right car for me.
  • Surgtek07
    Surgtek07 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    Surgtek07 wrote: »

Thanks for your kind words.. Here is the kicker this car was originally sold to an Airmen at Gary Smith Honda in FWB.. As soon as I saw that I knew this was the right car for me.

No way!!!! What a small world!
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • 2CuteTerriers
    2CuteTerriers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Sorry you totaled your other car though. I have had my car for 10 years as well and just love it....I know the feeling :)
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • shelbz1000
    shelbz1000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the car accident. Nice new ride. Congrats!
  • OfficialDSXIII
    OfficialDSXIII Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So clean..

Is that a touchscreen nav too?? I'm jealous.

Wish I had found something nice for that price instead of dropping on a new tranny. :disappointed:
  • Tsartele
    Options
    So clean..

Is that a touchscreen nav too?? I'm jealous.

Wish I had found something nice for that price instead of dropping on a new tranny. :disappointed:

It is a touch screen but no navi.. its some pioneer double din.. I'm probably going to replace it went I install my stereo equipment.

It was really hard to find a nice car in Albuquerque for cheap.. most were total garbage for double the price of this one. I am used to FL where these cars are a dime a dozen for cheap..
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    8reg81hzin04.jpg
    I just got my new car on Monday, after a long time of building my credit (5years) i was able to purchase my BRZ alone, no down payment at an awesome rate...its such a great feeling

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Is that a manual tranny?
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!!! Stealing deal for a beautiful car