Fruit and veg

Options
Hello I'm doing fairly well on my journey I started at 13stone 1 and I'm currently 10stone 10.

I have selective eating disorder and do not consume many fruits and barely any vegetable only cooked carrots.
I've been searching and I'm wondering if you will know is there a "greens" supplement?
I take a multi vitamin every day with added iron.

I know how important veg is to your general health and I'm wondering if the multivitamin is enough for me or not?

Replies

• goodrichalicia
    goodrichalicia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    U need to eat actually vegetables. They are yummy steamed broccoli and califlower. Cucmbers and tomato with some salt if u like .. baked potato start small. There is a powdered "greens" supplement you can purchase at walmart much more inexpensive then the "it works" brand berry flavor is the best add to water or personally i like it in green tea or oj
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    There are so many fruits and vegetables, I can't believe you have tried them all and prepared in every way. If you want to eat healthily, you need to incorporate vegetables (and fruit). This is your choice. If you eat cooked carrots, you eat vegetables. Find out what it is about cooked carrots that makes them tolerable, and branch out from there.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My husband has food texture issues and can't stand eating veggies at all, and fruit is limited to bananas. He recently started drinking Tropicana Farm Stand Tropical Greens juice (it's in the orange juice section of the grocery store). One serving is 120 calories and has the equivalent of one vegetable and one fruit. The texture doesn't bother him and it's better than nothing at this point. Maybe try something like this starting out and see how it goes?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I know how important veg is to your general health and I'm wondering if the multivitamin is enough for me or not?

A doctor can test if you're deficient in anything. That's not something we're able to tell you. :+1:
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Try smoothies, maybe. Unlike juice, they still have the fibre (or at least some of it).
  • rhiannonmummy
    rhiannonmummy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I get tested every few months. Iron is my usual issue. I've had therapy for it and it got me eating carrots....they're soft all the way through very much like potatoes and sweet but not too sweet