Calories

Options
I was wondering does everyone always try to eat their calories for the day? Or if your full should you not try to....

Replies

• bugsbunny2712
    bugsbunny2712 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would stop when you feel full. Otherwise you'll be training your stomach to want more
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Depends. Are you 100 under or 1,000 under? Being a little under is one thing being a lot under means you're probably not getting your necessary nutrients if done on a daily basis.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Depends. Are you 100 under or 1,000 under? Being a little under is one thing being a lot under means you're probably not getting your necessary nutrients if done on a daily basis.

I agree - it depends on how many calories you are undereating each day. If it's just 100-200 cals or similar I wouldn't worry about it. Plus it will give you some leeway on the odd day you do overdo it, that you haven't undone all your hard work.
    Calorie deficits work on weekly intake too not just daily so I wouldn't worry too much if you're over one day and under the next as long as you're averaging at a deficit each week.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I look better and feel better if I treat my daily cal. As a target. It might mean I will weigh out a bit of raw almonds at the end of the day to reach it.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

This. Also one idea-if you're under a little very day you can roll those into the weekends, and have a few extra calories for then :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes...if I don't I feel like crap typically as I am not fueling my workouts...

however I will leave maybe 100-150 if I am not hungry.

ETA: my goal has always been to eat as much food as I can and still lose reasonable amount of weight each week...