And so it begins

Options
PaulaRosenow
PaulaRosenow Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2016 in Getting Started
Day one of my journey. I have had six spinal surgeries so walking for health/weight loss reasons is not an option for me. At least at this weight. I am 68 years old and weigh a whopping 268. How in the devil did that happen? I can not allow myself to put in one more pound, so here I am. Lord help, I have a long way to fi.

Replies

• sisijamison
    sisijamison Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you can do it. i had kept starting and stopping but today i want to stay consistent. consistency is key. and there will be occasional hiccups but you can only stay down if you dont get up when you fall
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @PaulaRosenow yes you can do it. I started in 2014 at age 63 and 250 pounds and for the last year I have maintained at 200. Now I can without stress walk and do at least a 1/4 mile daily down a steep hill and back up.

After I finally found a macro that worked for me the calorie part fell in line on its own. My health markers at 65 are better than at 45. My joint and muscle pain that had been a 7-8 level for many years dropped to 2-3 in only 30 days eating my current macro. Six months later my 40 years of serious IBS resolved and has stayed resolved so far.

Best of success and welcome to MFP forums. Remember what one body needs to eat to regain health may be very different for another body. Google to find research reports on any subject to weight the pros and cons of what you read and never ever take social media eating advice without checking it out with Google or some other search engine. What may be good advice for one may kill another.